Thread: HW 55 with tyrolean stock HELP WITH VALUATION

HW 55 with tyrolean stock HELP WITH VALUATION

Hi everyone i am looking for help with the value of an HW55 with tyrolean stock that i am looking to sell. This gun has not fired 20 pellets, have had this in my collection for many years, 177 calibre serial number 960256. This gun is virtually as new, there are 3 very small marks on stock, bluing as new. Any help with valuation would be greatly appreciated. Can email pics if requested, thanks bob

Hi Bob,

Very nice guns...& sought after.I would say in the condition you describe £275+..IMO.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    I would say in the condition you describe £275+..IMO.
    ... Ditto, but just in case, do please remember: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372921 . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi gareth yes i saw the mail about that and once i come to a conclusion of value, i will post the gun for sale with price in either airguns for sale or collectables. Am new to this site and just finding my feet, have collected airguns for 25 years and have now decided to sell some as i have been out of the scene for many years now and dont know what some of them are worth in todays market, this is why i asked. thanks bob

Hi Bob, I would say in the condition you describe if its still shooting well, at least £300..
    Dave...

Hw 55

Hi dave , thanks for your help much appreciated thanks again bob

valuation

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Hi Bob,

Very nice guns...& sought after.I would say in the condition you describe £275+..IMO.
    Hi Bob

I think Chris is spot on with this. £275 +

I am sure that if this rifle was nearer 11 ft lbs rather than 7-8, then it really would be a very desirable old rifle and sell for anything up to £400.

Lovely breech lock, excellent finish, Record trigger and very nice stock. One of the best break barrel air rifles ever manufactured
    John
    hold me back !!

venom did a cracking tune up job on that model in the 80's got just
    over 10 fp's as I remember.
    Been looking for one for the last few years..

Hw55t

Like the prat that we sometimes are, I sold mine circa 1997 for £125 but agree with the £275+ figure suggested at current rates. Also gave away (yes; gave away!) a Mercury Challenger mint in 0.177, wish I could get that back!

I also modified a HW55SM up to ~9.5 ft.lbs without any noticeable loss of smoothness or accuracy. Sold that to friend to start him off on the airgun path!

ATVB
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

I shot one of the 55T's that Venom used to tune all those years ago...nice looking gun & really sweet to shoot.Maybe there's a market for someone to do a tune on all the old break barrel 10 metre target guns kicking around from the 70's/80's...

The "+" depends on the colour and figuring of the wood and if top notch then the price could be £325. However, there is a ceiling on this rifle, as already stated, being not full power and most are in excellent order. Fine rifle; good luck with the sale.

These are lovely guns. Last year Arms Fair Bisley LH Tyrolean stock vgc £330. Fighting over it!!

[QUOTE=pennineway.fswo;4123705]Hi Bob

thanks for your help , bob

it is a very nice stock on it colour wise and will think on it, thank you for letting me know , bob