Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vixen 35 INFORMATION

Vixen 35 INFORMATION

Having joined the 35 vixen club. I know 2000 were made but any idea on the break-down? std dlx. export how many in .177 and .22. Over to the experts.

Regards

Mach 1.5

normay vixen

hi Paul,
    pleased to hear you have found a vixen.i'll post you some photocopies of old ads and airgun world field test.

regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Having joined the 35 vixen club. I know 2000 were made but any idea on the break-down? std dlx. export how many in .177 and .22. Over to the experts.

Regards

Mach 1.5
    2000? I was under the impression less than 200 were produced.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

He He...& you have the majority of those don't you Ian...

I didn't think there were that (2000) many Vixens produced..but who knows..?

There's...

...South Wales that has 2 (sorry chap can't remember your user name ) who has a couple and is pretty clued up on these. Hopefully he'll be along soon

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    ...South Wales that has 2 (sorry chap can't remember your user name ) who has a couple and is pretty clued up on these. Hopefully he'll be along soon
    Not me - I'm more than a little south of Wales (and I don't have any production info), but I do have two Vixens - one in .22, and another in .177.
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Have some springs to suit 35 Vixen. 14mm ID, 3.2, 27x215.

Vixen

Many thanks. for the info. Cheers Sidewinder.

Regards

Mach 1.5

H guys yes its me from south wales i have 2 standard Vixens in .22. I would agree with IJ that 200 are more likley to have been made than 2000. I have an advert in a 1980s Airgun World stating that all of the future Vixens would be made in. 177 only as at the time they were seling better than .22. Both of my rifles came from Allsports of Gloucester. Both had been originally supplied from new by themselves, as they were South West and Wales main agents for Vixen. Both Ron Meadows and John Dempster have been very helpfull in my serch for information on these true classics. Anyone want a copy of that advert pm me and will get a copy out to you. atb.

That's...

...the fella, sorry mate

Hw vixen

Morning Guys. Thanks for the info on the VIXEN'S SO, did any come with a chrome trigger guard, a sew on patch and a vixen plastic medal?

Regards

Mach 1.5

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post

Morning Guys. Thanks for the info on the VIXEN'S SO, did any come with a chrome trigger guard, a sew on patch and a vixen plastic medal?

Regards

Mach 1.5
    Yes. I have a brand new, unused, sew-on Vixen patch, and an unused medal here. Actually had three of each, but gave one set away to daveuk, and one set away to (I think) johnbaz a couple of years back.

I also know where Eddie Barber's prototype .177 Vixen is ... Now there is a collectable item . As for chrome trigger guards, as far as I remember, they were an option on all Airgunaid Vixens, and (again I think), on all Norman may Vixens, too. Hope this helps. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Vixen

HI Gareth. Thanks for the information AS ALWAYS. Yes my .177 came with a chrome trigger guard. Just need to find a nice d/luxe stock for it now.

Regards

Mach 1.5

IIRC the Vixen came with a deluxe gun bag which had a embroidered Vixen badge on it - hence the badges.
    Also, the last Vixens were advertised with the facility of having your name engraved on them.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Vixens

Thumbed through some old AGW's lunch time.........August '79, full page Norman May advert claiming possibly only 2,000 to be produced. All vixens to be supplied in simulated sheepskin lined gun bag with copper (plastic?) medallion. A few pages on and Fred Grimwade does his "Country Gun" two page article.

August '80 another full page ad, this time only available in .177

May '81 quarter page ad in the back pages saying "last 100 vixen". These were to be numbered 1-100 and also hand engraved with a running vixen motif. And for a few more pounds you could also have your initials engraved!

I wonder how many were really produced, and if anyone has one with the engraved running vixen?

Mike.