Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Career 707 Mk3 .25 Fac.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Thumbs up Career 707 Mk3 .25 Fac.

After shooting it on sat and sun to finalise the results of this rifle which I brought mid dec I must say the performance is outstanding,around 70 useable shots,46 51ftlb shots then they start to drop off but you can turn the wheel to keep power up with 50bar left in the tank makes this rifle a very economical tool from its 380cc air-tubes.

But it was'nt all rose's at first,this korean made rifle needs a good gun-smith to check the internals as I did,I gave it to Ben Taylor who did some master work inside it,cleaned parts and replaced a few O rings,took a 3rd off the hammer spring and also adjusted the power-wheel so instead of starting from 33ftlb up to 81ftlb it now starts from 23ftlb to 71ftlb (chrono checked).With this sort of adjustment plus the trigger the cocking method feels much lighter and easyer.

Gun at home now after ben finished the work,can't zero it in,have a AGS 3X9X50 TRU HUNTER on it,no good,shots going all over the place,checked the silencer to see if it's clipping pellets nope silencer is ok,took it off the same,spoke to Ben told him also the readings from the chrono,can't understand it,spoke to KevG about the problem .Looking at the Career web the rifle is packed with alsorts of grease to prevent it from rusting up until sold and shipped to other parts of the world,the barrel needs a good clean to wash out a film of anti rust prevention grease,so I did, zeroed the rifle now too low,adjusted the turret no more on the turret,spoke to a few persons but most of all KevG and put 2 strips of negetive film on the back mount,perfect.

Saturday morn took also my 7lt bottle and all my gear and went down the farm,40yards I mesured and placed my target at the board, leaned the rifle on the high stool and fired into 1p circles,could'nt belive the accuracy,every circle was having a pellet put inside it,4up,4down 3 to the right and left and 1 in the middle of the paper, did this 4 times and each circle had 4 pellets inside.

Now there is a few things to becareful,the rifle to be filled to 180 bar Not 200,cause the first 10-12 shots are too high and dont group as well,next the barrel needs a clean every 100-120 shots,very easy.The silencer is a Joe young and is the mutts -nutts,nothing else would take this power,the pellets are HN Diabolo Barracuda xtra heavey(31gr) they look like Bis Mags .22 but much bigger.

I just like to say Thanks Ben this is now a very nice rifle to use,not everyone's cuppa tea but as I have my Rapid and Mfr fully tuned together with my Eliminator I wanted something compleatly diffrent,a diffrent cocking method and feel and this rifle did it for me,a nice finish which it looks like a shot-gun at first glance,make no mistake this does what it say's and boy it sure does that.

The thing that got me was the accuracy,some said it's pellet fussy,some said the .25 cali is rubbish ,trejectori is bad and so on and so on,well I went out as far as 100yds and was hitting the decoy pigeon all the time (7shots) with 2mill dots up,guns running at 51ftlb 860fps and to me that is very very flat,I also have a knock-down target with a 40 mill circle and out of 7 shots 2 will knock it down and the other 5 around the steel plate,not bad at all.
    It may not group tight at 100 yads but it certainly hit it's target with force and at 50's and 60's and 70's it impressd me so much I had to give it a review.

I know it's not a Rapid or a Daystate but It holds it's ground and holds it very well.Built wise not bad,nice bluing and a oiled walnut stock with the western style look and fast -firing this is one rifle a vermin-controler needs,closest your going to get to a rim fire ,turn the power-wheel up and you see this baby turn into a awsome tool,this take's no runners at all,woodies and rabbits are stopped in their tracks instantly,no over kills with this bad-boy,Yep I've got all my tools now and yep I'am very happy with the results.

Rifle now Sold.Thank you all for your inputs and a big thanks to RapidNick for the photos.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 30-04-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Arrow

Thanks Costas-very helpful.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Thanks Costas-very helpful.

Told you I'd do a review nick.
    My fingers are a bit sore,not use to typing or shall we say
    rabbiting for that long.

Sounds good to me
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar

Quote Originally Posted by some bloke
    Sounds good to me

Thank-You some bloke.

kevG Guest
    you will have to learn how to do paragraphs,ive just read the same line ten times glad you are all sorted

kevG

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by kevG
    you will have to learn how to do paragraphs,ive just read the same line ten times glad you are all sorted

kevG
    Don't be mean to poor old Costas. He is, as we Londoners say, a 'bubble' after all!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

kevG

For you to have read the same line ten times my review must have had you riveted.

ps.How'd you find my review Kev?

kevG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter
    For you to have read the same line ten times my review must have had you riveted.

ps.How'd you find my review Kev?
    entertaining,but ten lines to long nice review m8,makes me want to go out and buy a daystate just jesting nice work.
    kevG

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Don't be mean to poor old Costas. He is, as we Londoners say, a 'bubble' after all!

Yes, true, I'am a bubble but, I do have other distinctions .
    And they are that I am renown for my valued gift's -"Greeks baring gifts".

entertaining,but ten lines to long nice review m8,makes me want to go out and buy a daystate just jesting nice work.
    kevG

Thank you very much KevG,any greeny points?

kevG Guest
    Thank you very much KevG,any greeny points?
    go on then

kevG

Very decent of you old boy. No Joking,I do value your opinion. Thanks KevG.

kevG Guest
    Very decent of you old boy. No Joking,I do value your opinion. Thanks KevG.
    you will say owt for a green un

kevG

Well done Costas, thanks for taking the time to write it up, and glad you are a "happy bunny" although I bet there are many that soon won't be

Told you they're nice with the trigger and hammer mods aren't they !?
    Mistakes are just direction signs on the road to success.