Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: February Police Pistol starts on 27 February...

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Are the results ready yet? Huh, Huh, Huh, are they ready yet
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

And the results for February are in!

OK, Paul, and everyone, here we go!

In the OPTICAL Division: 5 competitors this month!

PAD E. shot a 205 with his Anics Skif with Laser sight.

Then came PAUL55 with a 262, using a Walther CP 99, CP 99 laser, and RWS Geco pellets.

In third place came JEFL with a score of 264. Jef mounted his Colt 1911 with an NC Star red dot, and used Dynamit Nobel Geco pellets.

Silver was taken by PHILG, with a score of 271. Phil used his big 8-inch barrelled Smith, mounted with a Weaver red dot sight, and shooting RWS pellets.

And Top Shooter in the Optical Division this time around was SOL1821! Sol used another one of those CP 99 pistols, with a matching laser sight, and RWS Geco pellets, to score 279.

Meanwhile, in the Open Division...

..we had NINE shooters this month! The weather is warming up for sure, and so is the competition.

A 203 for PAD E. and his Anics Skif.

JEFL shot a 260 with his Smith 586, using Dynamit Nobel Geco's.

Then came JANMc, with a score of 262 with a Smith 686, 6 inch barrel, and RWS Hobby pellets.

Next up was...

...FRONTBRAKE with a 269 with his Umarex Beretta. And just a notch ahead was...

...JIMMc, with a 270 with his Smith 686-6, and firing a mixture of H&N Match and RWS Hobby pellets.

MIKE145 scored 275 with a C 225, and RWS Hobbies,

And now for the Big 3 Winners!

In Third place: PAUL55, with a score of 277. Paul uded a big Smith 586 with an 8 inch barrel, and those famous Geco pellets.

In Second place: SOL1821, with a 280. Sol's another fan of the CP 88 and those Geco's.

And No. 1: ADAM77K! Adam nudged out Sol by just one point: 281. And guess what? A CP 88 [istol, and Geco pellets, again!

I hope we all had fun perforating Billy the Kid in the SIDE match: I know we had some really great scores! It was interesting that ALL Side Match scores were fired with the Open rigs.

PAD E. scored 40.

A 47, for JEFL.

78, for MIKE145.

JANMc scored 80.

JIMMc scored 83.

A tie for third place: 87 for PAUL55 and for ADAM77K,

SOL1821 won second spot with a 94...

...and the Big Winner was FRONTBRAKE, with a score of 95!

Congratulations to our Winners, thanks to Jim D. for our target, and to Paddy for all his hard work keeping these Boards updated.

And now, let's start practicing for March!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks very much to the member from Louisiana for taking the time & trouble to run this comp and deliver such good write ups about the results.

It's getting very close in the Open & Optical divisions, all to play for there.

Congrats to all who took part. See you all in March.

ps just a thought, could we go back to the Hostage type sideshoots next time, pretty please
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Thanks very much to the member from Louisiana for taking the time & trouble to run this comp and deliver such good write ups about the results.
    just like to add my thanks, your write ups are always fun.

ps just a thought, could we go back to the Hostage type sideshoots next time, pretty please
    with multiple bad guys

oh by my calculations there's a tie for 1st in the open division:d
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Thanks Jim for running the comp & doing your usual well informed round results

Weldone to the winners, I've just put the scores onto the leader board.

We now have joint first in the Open Sight category.

Details >>HERE<<

Regards
    Paddy.

p.s Paul I'll ask Jim to put that in mind or why don't YOU come up with the criteria & we'll do a rendition of it for the next sideshoot
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    with multiple bad guys
    Now you're talking
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    p.s Paul I'll ask Jim to put that in mind or why don't YOU come up with the criteria & we'll do a rendition of it for the next sideshoot
    Ooh, yes please I send you both some ideas
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

how about this only better

5 bad guys are trying to get off with the hostages, they just bundled them into the car, Quick take out the tyres, 1 shot at each as fast as you can! (say 2 seconds)

right now you've stopped them from getting away they're trying to shoot there way out, take out all the bad buys but watch out for the hostages.

take two shots at each bad guy, within a minute if you have to reload so be it, that will teach you not to bring a revolver to a semi-auto fight(you know who you are JIM)

bloody hell, its a good job we've got Target bunny to to the targets, because I'm pants
    Sliced bread.

[URL="http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss56/sol1821/HOSTAGETARGET-1.jpg"]how about this only better[/URL
    I followed the link but there must be something wrong, it looks like a 5 year old has been sick all over my screen.

bloody hell, its a good job we've got Target bunny to to the targets, because I'm pants
    You certainly are.

Thanks again Jim, this is a fun competition, blasting away like mad. I am getting better too. But so is every one else and the gap stays the same At least I stayed ahead of Paddy ...

....just
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

take two shots at each bad guy, within a minute if you have to reload so be it, that will teach you not to bring a revolver to a semi-auto fight(you know who you are JIM)
    Hey, my 10-shot Smith has the firepower edge over your 8-shot CP 88!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim, thank you again for your efforts in compiling the scores for these matches.

And congratulations to all who took part.

Interesting to see there is only a two point difference in the leading score board between glass and iron sights. Maybe after nearly 20yrs it's time to go back to iron
    Best to get an eye check first though.

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Hi Jim, thank you again for your efforts in compiling the scores for these matches.

And congratulations to all who took part.

Interesting to see there is only a two point difference in the leading score board between glass and iron sights. Maybe after nearly 20yrs it's time to go back to iron
    Best to get an eye check first though.

Good luck, Phil
    You're very welcome, Phil.

Yes, I've noticed that earlier there was a decided point spread in favor of Optical over Open sights - no contest really: optical was winning hands down - but that seems to be changing.

Why, I don't know. Maybe the optical users had already peaked out with the red dots and lasers whereas the open users still had room for improvement?

A friend of mine who posts in the Muzzleloading section claims that his eyeseight has improved since he took up pistol shooting: that the discipline on his eyes, imposed by their having to focus an iron sight on a paper target at 25 yards (yes, that's the distance our muzzleloading brethren are shooting pistol from ) has caused his distance vision to improve.

Jim

Question Huh

5 bad guys are trying to get off with the hostages, they just bundled them into the car, Quick take out the tyres, 1 shot at each as fast as you can! (say 2 seconds)

right now you've stopped them from getting away they're trying to shoot there way out, take out all the bad buys but watch out for the hostages.

Bloody hell! It's a good job I started designing the target BEFORE I looked at the alleged illustration.

Guys this is a LOT of work and it will probably end up as as two sheets to allow for change of position of the Bad Guys and any remaining hostages. So you may not get it this time but it is coming.

Sol, when the complaints about the difficulty level of this target arrive guess whose email they are going to be directed to.
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Bloody hell! It's a good job I started designing the target BEFORE I looked at the alleged illustration.
    oh come on its not that bad, look at the time delay in posts, i wacked that (RUFF!) designe out in 5 mins

Guys this is a LOT of work and it will probably end up as as two sheets to allow for change of position of the Bad Guys and any remaining hostages. So you may not get it this time but it is coming.

a 2 sheet jobbie sounds awsome

Sol, when the complaints about the difficulty level of this target arrive guess whose email they are going to be directed to.
    Well to be on the safe side just make it really hard
    Sliced bread.

Ooh, yes please I send you both some ideas
    Sorry guys I completely forgot about this. I'm going to send you an idea this evening. It's a very basic sketch as I'm no artist
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55