Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setrapump up

Setrapump up

An old friend gave me SETRA pump rifle in .22

serial number is 00092.

do any off you fine chaps know anything about these rifles ,are they any good ?? or is it worth anything ???

Any help would be great .

just be careful and get the power checked it could be over the legal limit.
    There are collector's for this air rifle.

Spanish made copy of the Sheridan from the 70's...the stocks can be quite roughly finished.They were only imported in small numbers,mostly in .22 Cal.The very first ones were over the 12ft.lbs. limit,so had to be put on F.A.C. so are caperble of quite high power... The actions were well made & all metal.

So,now quite rare & in good working order I would say £275+...hope this helps..

PS. Mr Fin will be along later to fill in the bit's i've missed...

it's running around 10 ftlbs with 8 pumps condition isn't to bad although it could do with a service anybody know where i could source some bits for it ???

I will put some pics up later when i come in from work .

Pneumatic to co2

Have seen some of these on diff forums - one Setra had the ability to convert from pump up to Co2 using threaded ( ?) Soadastream type bottles.
    Nice airguns and very much a classic waiting to be rediscovered . Think the original maker is still in business even tho down to a one man outfit , and spares 'may' still be around .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Lawrie Armatruda will be able to re-seal and fettle the valvegear on this one. Cheap, quick and brilliant.

a few pics

Ged must be away...or hungover......

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Ged must be away...or hungover...:rolleyes:...
    Cheeky bugger ! ( Yes it was a hangover ) Ha ha,
    Ran 5 miles today, With the wife, It took me 4 cans to come around ! And now a little juice of the grape !

The Setra,s came in 3 Calbres ( That I know of ) I have almost 2,
    They were, .177, .22 & 6mm, There were Co2,s & pumpers, The early Setra,s that came into the UK were all FAC, & very wll made.
    It seems as the very limited production rolled on they went downhill a bit.

The Pumpers seemed to be 2 styles, A brass loading breech soldered on to the main tube & another, This had a steel breech, Bolted on to the tube & had a plastic trigger housing & a Plastic frontend pivot point & a plastic trigger guard. ( This is the last & rarest model ) The man himself told me !

This latter model had an adjustable pressure " Let Off " Adjusted by a screwdriver in the stock 4-24 Fpe in seconds,
    This was to get around the UK limit.
    The rear sights on mine are not the same as the one in the Pic, They seem more substantial & Better made. The ones in the pic are the same as the Sheridan.
    Do I like them, If I were to be truthfull, They are not as well made as the Sheridan, They are capable of more power though.
    Finally they are rare ! I have a buyer in Spain for mine, Its at a fair price ?
    He has the 6mm & the .177, And wants my steel breeched .22

I am reluctant to post to spain though.
    As a valuation, I would put a price of £200-£250 ( Depending on the Individual gun ) Though, If advertised it could take off !! You may see a Plethora of Webley Service rifles, But you see, Let alone have a chance to buy one of these ( Good sales Pitch EH ! )
    My Pre-charged

This is the Brass soldered on breech

2 Setra " Adjustable " Power Innards

Steel breeched model

Cheers, Ged

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Cheeky bugger ! ( Yes it was a hangover ) Ha ha,
    Ran 5 miles today, With the wife, It took me 4 cans to come around ! And now a little juice of the grape !

The Setra,s came in 3 Calbres ( That I know of ) I have almost 2,
    They were, .177, .22 & 6mm, There were Co2,s & pumpers, The early Setra,s that came into the UK were all FAC, & very wll made.
    It seems as the very limited production rolled on they went downhill a bit.

The Pumpers seemed to be 2 styles, A brass loading breech soldered on to the main tube & another, This had a steel breech, Bolted on to the tube & had a plastic trigger housing & a Plastic frontend pivot point & a plastic trigger guard. ( This is the last & rarest model ) The man himself told me !

This latter model had an adjustable pressure " Let Off " Adjusted by a screwdriver in the stock 4-24 Fpe in seconds,
    This was to get around the UK limit.
    The rear sights on mine are not the same as the one in the Pic, They seem more substantial & Better made. The ones in the pic are the same as the Sheridan.
    Do I like them, If I were to be truthfull, They are not as well made as the Sheridan, They are capable of more power though.
    Finally they are rare ! I have a buyer in Spain for mine, Its at a fair price ?
    He has the 6mm & the .177, And wants my steel breeched .22

I am reluctant to post to spain though.
    As a valuation, I would put a price of £200-£250 ( Depending on the Individual gun ) Though, If advertised it could take off !! You may see a Plethora of Webley Service rifles, But you see, Let alone have a chance to buy one of these ( Good sales Pitch EH ! )
    My Pre-charged

This is the Brass soldered on breech

2 Setra " Adjustable " Power Innards

Steel breeched model

Cheers, Ged
    Hello
    Yes i`ve got one in these in 2.2 and need the rear sight if anyone has got one
    Cash waiting
    Cheers

thanks for the replys chaps

a few pics with the stock off

now the question to flog or to keep !

Quote Originally Posted by airgun god View Post
    thanks for the replys chaps

a few pics with the stock off

now the question to flog or to keep !
    keep and enjoy
    atb

one question chaps .

the forestock ( pump bit is loose as in it drops down when i fire the gun ).

Is this any easy fix ????

Quote Originally Posted by airgun god View Post
    one question chaps .

the forestock ( pump bit is loose as in it drops down when i fire the gun ).

Is this any easy fix ????
    I think but not sure that you can adjust the lever thread inside to tighten/loosen the forehand stock.
    But then again not looked at the gun for ages.(i need that rear sight though)
    atb

Quote Originally Posted by hookerball View Post
    Hello
    Yes i`ve got one in these in 2.2 and need the rear sight if anyone has got one
    Cash waiting
    Cheers
    Hi, This is the rear sight off a Setra !

And No , The pump mechanism has no adjustable linkage to remove the Brewers droop,
    The Sheridan rear sight is too small in diameter for the Setra barrel ( Its bigger )
    Yours has no power adjuster fitted !!!!! Cheers, Ged