Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HW35 oddity

For the record (pun intended)

IMHO the rarest HW stock is the HW85 Tyrolean.

I have a venom HW55T, and a factory HW80KT and HW77KT.

They were all made in smalll numbers but I have only seen the HW85T in one of Eddie Barbers last articles for AGW.

Since the 85 itself was short lived (in the Uk) this variant is the rarest.

I agree that the Lochshaft in terms of HW35 stocks is rare but so is the adjustable comb version of the HW77 and the nickel plated (satin finish) Hw77 and a walnut version of the standard Hw77 on its introduction.

HTH

This ones numbert is 528750 anyone care to date it

Had a look in my springer cupboard and I have two others, one is a 35E in .177 and quite tidy, the other is a thumbhole 35 in .22, both of which I had forgotten about, the thumbhole looks very similar in design as the horrible one fitted to the HW100

I also have a whole lot of iron sights, pistons, factory fresh springs, all HW, plus a shed load of Webley, Diana, BSA and god knows what bits and pieces, stocks to outfit a small springer army, I am moving (only a mile away) and will go thorugh all this stuff as I pack it up in a few months, may be able to build a few rifles even

I just found a 35 action with scope still fitted, its 1970s era marked Leslie Hewitt 4x40 made in Japan

And a very early Scirrocco, even a Red Ryder BB gun from the 60s.........hmm maybe my old Camaro is tucked away in the corner
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Got a really nice 77 Tyrolean in .177 here too
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/