Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feinweirdbau

feinweirdbau

one of my sports is to all intents and purposes a model 121 with the plain stock with no cheekpeice chequering or but pad it also has no sling swivels (not easy to remove without being able to tell as the b /block is spot faced for them ) mine isnt
    BUT its stamped on the action 124 anyone else seen this

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    one of my sports is to all intents and purposes a model 121 with the plain stock with no cheekpeice chequering or but pad it also has no sling swivels (not easy to remove without being able to tell as the b /block is spot faced for them ) mine isnt
    BUT its stamped on the action 124 anyone else seen this
    Isn't that just a 124 Standard, ie a non-Deluxe one Mally?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Isn't that just a 124 Standard, ie a non-Deluxe one Mally?
    dont really know as all the plain stocked sports i have seen have been stamped 121 i thought the deluxe had a walnut stock and were stamped124/7
    if mine is a standard one then what is a 121

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    dont really know as all the plain stocked sports i have seen have been stamped 121 i thought the deluxe had a walnut stock and were stamped124/7
    if mine is a standard one then what is a 121
    As far as I'm aware, the 121 was for domestic sale (ie, Germany), and complied with the powere levels there. The 124 and 127 were for export to countries with higher power limits.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the 121 was for domestic sale (ie, Germany), and complied with the powere levels there. The 124 and 127 were for export to countries with higher power limits.
    what is confusing me is that the plain stocked sports in the beeman listings were marked up as 121s
    perhaps danny is right and what i always thought of as the standard sport models are actually deluxe
    if thats so then the de luxe must have outsold the standard by hundreds to one as in the many i have owned or handled this is the only one i have seen

but as our own GWB is fond of saying every day is a school day on here

Fwb

I've seen old adds in AGW that list std and deluxe stocked versions but both listed as 124/127

Just to add to the confusion, the std stock sports ive seen have the plain stock as described, but they also had a butt plate,,,,,
    the ones without were ( i thought, ) 121,s
    perhaps this one has had a stock change after the original cracked (not un common )
    atb
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.

Feinwerkbau.

I do not know if it helps or confuses, but my 121 was made for the German market but it has a but pad fitted with white line spacer to the but and to the pistol grip.The stock is beech and is unchequered and there is no provision in the stock for a sling swivle at the breach.

Just a thought guys, my own 127 had the stock turned into a take down by parcel force(bless them ) and had to get a stock made. If i could have got a standard stock i would have fitted that. As i said just a possibility. atb

Quote Originally Posted by corbett View Post
    I do not know if it helps or confuses, but my 121 was made for the German market but it has a but pad fitted with white line spacer to the but and to the pistol grip.The stock is beech and is unchequered and there is no provision in the stock for a sling swivle at the breach.
    mine couldnt have white line spacers because of the lack of but pad but also the pistol grip is rounded off at its base ( like a HW 35 ) also this gun has a raised coomb but no cheek peice

what is confusing me is that the plain stocked sports in the beeman listings were marked up as 121s
    perhaps danny is right and what i always thought of as the standard sport models are actually deluxe
    if thats so then the de luxe must have outsold the standard by hundreds to one as in the many i have owned or handled this is the only one i have seen

but as our own GWB is fond of saying every day is a school day on here
    When it comes to looking in the Beeman catalogue, all bets are off. Beeman would have imported guns assembled to his own requested specification. As an example look at the Webley carbine he used to sell as the Beeman C1.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

When it comes to looking in the Beeman catalogue, all bets are off. Beeman would have imported guns assembled to his own requested specification. As an example look at the Webley carbine he used to sell as the Beeman C1.
    ok i will look at the C1s now as i have two / one in each call

ok i will look at the C1s now as i have two / one in each call
    Do you, by any chance, know how they came on to the UK market? Did Beeman cancel the order, or did Webley have a production over-run and decide to release them on general sale? I seem to remember they didn't appear over here until they had been selling in the US for quite some time.
    It was based on the Victor wasn't it?

Do you, by any chance, know how they came on to the UK market? Did Beeman cancel the order, or did Webley have a production over-run and decide to release them on general sale? I seem to remember they didn't appear over here until they had been selling in the US for quite some time.
    It was based on the Victor wasn't it?
    i remember them being advertised in AGW as webley beeman carbines
    one of mine has beeman precision airguns san rafael calafornia on it the other
    just has webley C1 this one is 4000 newer the beeman one is in 177 with a safety catch but the 22 one has none .
    for its size they are very powerful easily acheiving 12 ft lbs i can send you some pics if you like but i am unlikely to be ever selling them

I agree, C1 is a top little gun. Mines .22 bought from this forum and one i would never sell. No saftey catch, Beeman address.