Thread: Hawk 10x42 tactical (First Impression)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have fitted the 10x42 to my rifle. I find head position is crucial as I either have a clear picture or no picture. A slight move of the head and I can see nothing.

When I have a clear image through the cross hairs I don;t get a really sharp edge to the picture. The bottom half of the circular picture has a very sharp edge but the top doesn't. I have tried all sorts of head positions, but I can't ever get a perfectly defined circle all the way round the image.

Is this just me poor eyesight, or do others experience this too. I don't get it with my Viper or Mamba.

Other than that I like it. Good depth of field as everyone has said.
    AA S510SL .177, Daystate Airwolf .177, Daystate Platinum .177

do you have adjustable cheek piece and but pad? this makes a bid difference with getting a good head position behind the scope. it worked for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    do you have adjustable cheek piece and but pad? this makes a bid difference with getting a good head position behind the scope. it worked for me anyway.
    Hi,

Yes I have both, but I just can't seem to find a position where I see a complete crisp circle. It doesn't appear to affect the accuracy though so I guess I should stop worrying.
    AA S510SL .177, Daystate Airwolf .177, Daystate Platinum .177