Thread: hw35e dieseling?

hw35e dieseling?

hello my .22 HW35e recently is still dieseling after 200 odd shots and smoking like a 6 shooter - any tips on removing the excess oil without a complete strip down? do felt pellets help at all? thanks dave

is it a leather piston seal or nylon?

a good tip for getting rid of dieselling on nylon seal guns(might work on leather seals) is to pop 10 bis mags through the gun,if its still smoking bad then i'd strip it and degrease and sparingly relube the gun.

Top advice from Ikarma 70.

its got a nylon seal - please advise what is a bis mags?

bisley magnum pellets,they are heavyweight pellets.
    the effect of a heavier pellet in a dieselling springer is to cause more compression making the offending lubricant burn off faster.

they should make a vast reduction in the dieselling pretty quickly.

Try taking the stock off and have a look at the spring, If smothered in grease you will probably have to strip it!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Weihrauch slap alot of the thick greasey goo on, its there partly to lube but also to prevent corrosion while the guns are in storage prior to sale.

It will eventually burn off but I would strip and degrease and relube. This might invalidate the guarentee, so make sure you are clear that you will accept this.

Strip it - clean it - use good quality grease and shim the piston. End of problem for the next 10 years.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

thanks for your advice, my rifles 30 yrs old and when i got it recently its shot less than 500 pellets. i'm eventually going to get it B&C tuned. what grease should the spring be coated with and will this mean more dieseling or is it grease in the transfer port thats the issue? the rifle also has an intermmitant safety is this dangerous as far as can the rifle fire if the safety is like this? Is this a common fault and should I to replace the safety spring?

Cheers dave

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by powersupply View Post
    thanks for your advice, my rifles 30 yrs old and when i got it recently its shot less than 500 pellets. i'm eventually going to get it B&C tuned. what grease should the spring be coated with and will this mean more dieseling or is it grease in the transfer port thats the issue? the rifle also has an intermmitant safety is this dangerous as far as can the rifle fire if the safety is like this? Is this a common fault and should I to replace the safety spring?

Cheers dave
    Try this tuning guide. You can get most of the lubes from Ramsbottoms.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115108

The safety sounds like it has dirt in it. I recommend you strip, clean and relube as in the thread, should be better than new afterwards. Good luck!

THIS may be of help when you strip it. The HW35 is one of the easiest rifles to strip.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

it does not matter what seal the gun is fitted with no grease from the spring should get into the combustion chamber. atb william gb.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by william g b View Post

it does not matter what seal the gun is fitted with no grease from the spring should get into the combustion chamber. atb william gb.
    Unless the seal is past its prime, which is what is being hinted at above I do believe, as a knackered seal will allow lubes to transgress through to where they ain't supposed to be . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

dieseling

you are quite correct on worn piston seal gareth.one of the first commercal tuners of his new guns was john stevens the originator of the airgun centre rayleigh in essex would pack the spring section to the hilt with grease making them very quiet . atb william gb

safety

A temperamental safety usually benefits from a clean and a new safety spring
    Or remove the existing one and carefully stretch it then refit/lubricate catch
    hold me back !!