Thread: Original Mod 15

Original Mod 15

Hi
    If anybody can help me who has knowledge on this rifle or similar.
    I have an Original 15.
    I wondered if anybody would be able to tell me what sort of power I should expect it to be able to produce? I would guess around 6ft/lb.
    At the moment it is very low and sometimes not even able to fire the pellet all the way through the barrel, this suits me to some extent as I am using it to introduce my young son to shooting and weapon safety.
    Thanks in advance.
    Steve C

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi. Mine gave approx 4ft.lb. They are basically children's toys of the 1940s, '50s, '60s and (early) '70s, with brass smooth-bores, so their proper air gun potential is very limited indeed. Great fun for ten foot dart shooting at a dart board however, great fun . Hope this helps. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks Gareth
    My boy is young so the lack of power is no problem, still good enough to teach him the fundamental rules with.

I have a sixteen and that also has trouble getting the pellet to the end of the barrel. I have some more new bits to fit in it though so can but hope...