Hey up all

I bought this as a restoration project, it's a 1972 (pre safety button) HW35 with a 19.5" barrel..

It was used by a previous owner as the subject of a cammo paint job, i started with the Nitromors tonight and had about an hour stripping the paint from the stock (Nitromors made it easy )
The stock has been rubbed down before at some point and the chequering has lost the tops of the diamonds so will need re-cutting (anyone selling a chequering tool???? )
The stock has some nice grain with a hint of Tiger striping and is the same (walnut) as an Export that i used to own..
i have to get a few parts that are missing such as the barrel axis locking nut, the front stock bolt (screw), trigger spring etc and am hoping at the shooting fair tomorrow, there may be someone selling parts...
I still have to strip and polish the action with a view to getting it re-blued at BAR..

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

This is how it came to me but with a bag of bits, i know it doesn't look much better but i've got a bit done to it

The stock is far from finished and will need more scraping/rubbing down then bleaching and chequering crisping up again but there's no rush (can't wait really )

John