Thread: Good Heavens To Murgatroid!!!!

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Good Heavens To Murgatroid!!!!

http://cgi.############/ws/####ISAPI...:B:WNA:GB:1123

The last one I missed out on went for about £18. Looks like either their value has taken a huge leap, or a fool and his money are easilly parted
    I know that it's rare to find one in this condition but come on, £151? Silly money!
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

I think you'll need to just post the item id.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The e-bay link seems to still be censored. For info, the item in question was an old BSA scope of the type for a MkII Airsporter or Meteor.
    Item ID 150414368529
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Given that a lump of cardboard with a label seems to be worth around £70~£80.....A precision optical instrument for £151 seems cheap

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Is it perhaps attached to the said 'sporter or Meteor?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Is it perhaps attached to the said 'sporter or Meteor?
    According to the burb, it's never been mounted on a gun

HERE'S mine on a mk2 Airsporter (no box or instructions though )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Well it is unused, so will attract a super-anorak premium.

Also, genuine BSA 15mm clamps for the odd-size four-slot rail! Although I think Knibbs has some in stock.

And your BSA 'combo' looks very attractive too! What sort of groups will you be getting with the Mk 2 and decent pellets?

edbear2 Guest
    I had a quick look at the bid history......one guy stopped at £100ish, and two others took it to the final amount. So 3 people were willing to pay £100 plus...The thing is, if you are lucky enough to have a mint Mk2 airsporter, then imagine how good the outfit would look topped with this!.....I have seen, owned and sold at least 20 of various types of BSA branded scopes, they can go for as little as £8 for the later 70's types, but in every case the condition/packaging seems to determine the price, with a box and papers normally making a huge difference...Like the Webley pistol stuff that was discussed on here a while back....as the guy selling said, he has been collecting for 35 years, and not seen another NIB example, so I suppose if you are looking for one, it was the best example you could have wished for, and may be your only chance for years!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    At which point, you can't use the use the item because it ceases to be 'NIB' and youv'e got a mint item in a very expensive piece of cardboard......I can see the point if you collect packaging, but not if you have any real interest in the airgun itself.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    At which point, you can't use the use the item because it ceases to be 'NIB' and youv'e got a mint item in a very expensive piece of cardboard......I can see the point if you collect packaging, but not if you have any real interest in the airgun itself.
    Harvey......I agree with all of this, I was just trying to work out why it was worth so much to somebody!.....the "box" actually looked more like the insert packaging/protection you get on a scope in a mark I meteor set, rather than the boxes that scopes come in when bought as separate items, so maybe the Mk2 airsporter came in a large box with an accessory tray, which may explain it......Plastic oil bottles, hang tags, and targets and holders etc. for later Airsporter/Mercury models all sell at far and above what you would think reasonable due to people wanting to fill all the sections of a gun box, and get "the full set" ...Has anyone on here got, or know, how Mk2's came in those days?

The MK2 kit came is a cardboard box sectioned .....which included one section for the scope in the box that is on the E#ay post. The MK 2 did include the scope in the kit. However, the scope is not metal it was/is made of Polystyrene ( Plastic) like an Airfix model kit. It did/does have glass lenses.
    As you state; the dovetails , 4 x grooved approx 15 mm, makes the scope fairly unique.
    I would not pay any more than £40 for such a scope...
    As some of you have stated the scope is the original one for the MK2 Airsporter and it does appear on the sales brochure for the MK2 Airsporter with a little 'write up'.
    I have the brochure from 1960 and it's on it....
    Just a thought....
    Some people pay £40-£50 for empty pellet tins
    I think that E#ay is fantastic....I have managed to source numerous parts for my 1983 Cagiva motorcycle utilising E#ay in Italy, Germany and the USA...

OCD sufferers paradise........me included
    Last edited by munchman; 28-02-2010 at 06:50 AM.