Thread: Target Pistol

Target Pistol

Hi All,

My first post in this section

I'm getting interested in pistol target shooting and was wondering what i should be looking for as a starter pistol? ( i've never really shot one before )

I've noticed a few fwb 65's go through the sales section lately and they appear to be the kind of thing i'm after, also i just missed an fwb90 about 30 mins ago....

What do you all think?

Atb,

Paul

The TAU 7 (CO2) and IZH46 (single stroke pneumatic) seem to have a good following.

I've never used an IZH but I've had a TAU7 for six or seven years and I recommend it. They seem to go for around £150-200 second hand. People will criticize CO2 pistols for variable performance in different temperatures, but I've never experienced this (or heard of anyone else experience it) with the TAU.

There's also the Gamo Compact (typically under £100 second hand) single stroke pneumatic and the HW40 ssp, not strictly a target pistol but people seem to find them accurate.

Personally, I'd hang on for a FWB65. I've not used one, but I've been after one for ages and if they are anything like the 300 rifle they must be excellent.

www.targettalk.org is a good site for advice, too.

Try and get a FWB 65,or 80 I have seen an advert for one I will PM you the details it may be gone but its worth a try. I have a FWB65 and aFWB100 both are great pistols and you would not be dissapointed with either.

Hope you get sorted with one soon

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

Hi,

Yes, sorry about the FWB 90. I've also been after one after missing the last one on here.

The FWB and 65, 90 are both excellent.

Also look out for the older CO2 Feinwerkbau, Steyr and Morini match pistols. As I recently found out you can get a really excellent pistol for a lot less money than the air powered version with hardly any drop in overall performance.

The HW40 is excellent (Trigger is very good) as is the new Webly Alecto (Trigger not quite as good as the HW40)

Another good buy is the FAS AP604 which come up a fair bit on here. They often just need new seals to perform like new. The trigger and grip is excellent as is the build quality.

HTH

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    The TAU 7 (CO2) and IZH46 (single stroke pneumatic) seem to have a good following.

I've never used an IZH but I've had a TAU7 for six or seven years and I recommend it. They seem to go for around £150-200 second hand. People will criticize CO2 pistols for variable performance in different temperatures, but I've never experienced this (or heard of anyone else experience it) with the TAU.

There's also the Gamo Compact (typically under £100 second hand) single stroke pneumatic and the HW40 ssp, not strictly a target pistol but people seem to find them accurate.

Personally, I'd hang on for a FWB65. I've not used one, but I've been after one for ages and if they are anything like the 300 rifle they must be excellent.

www.targettalk.org is a good site for advice, too.
    Many thanks for the reply matey, i'll have a look at the TAU's

I also have admired the build quality of the fwb's in the past, which led me on to thinking of the '65...or 80...or 90....

Atb, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Iain D View Post
    Try and get a FWB 65,or 80 I have seen an advert for one I will PM you the details it may be gone but its worth a try. I have a FWB65 and aFWB100 both are great pistols and you would not be dissapointed with either.

Hope you get sorted with one soon

Iain D
    Thanks Iain, and thanks for the pm too, i've had a look at the link and am very interested

Atb, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
    Hi,

Yes, sorry about the FWB 90. I've also been after one after missing the last one on here.

The FWB and 65, 90 are both excellent.

Also look out for the older CO2 Feinwerkbau, Steyr and Morini match pistols. As I recently found out you can get a really excellent pistol for a lot less money than the air powered version with hardly any drop in overall performance.

The HW40 is excellent (Trigger is very good) as is the new Webly Alecto (Trigger not quite as good as the HW40)

Another good buy is the FAS AP604 which come up a fair bit on here. They often just need new seals to perform like new. The trigger and grip is excellent as is the build quality.

HTH

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Yes that was the one, haha i was just a bit too late

I've taken your advice on board, as with all these posts

Hope you enjoy your new acquisiton, i'd be interested to know how you get on with it, it looked great in the pics...

Atvb, Paul

I would also suggest a Feinwerkbau 65/80/90 in good condition. There is a steady stream of these pistols on eGun.de

Buying from eGun is not nearly as difficult as you might think, provided you use some common sense and Google Translate. Look for good seller feedback, preferably a dealer. I recently bought a mint condition FWB90 for £280 plus £15 shipping from a dealer on eGun. Payment by bank transfer cost another £15. The dealer I bought from (who I would recommend) has another FWB90 up for sale at the moment. FWB65’s tend to go for around 180 to 250 euros.

Luftdruck Matchwaffen > Druckluft > Druckluft-Matchpistolen

Fwb 90

I recently sold a mint FWB 90 on here for £275 posted and it took ages to sell!!!! So why bother buying from eGun???? I do recommend the FWB 65/80 & 90 but consider a FWB 102 or 103 if you can get one. There is a 102 at City ########## so give them a bell.

Fwb 90

I use a FWB90 regularly and have recently written an article on this pistol and the others (FWB 65, 65 Mk2 and 80). You can't go wrong with any of these guns as they are beautifully crafted and shoot very, very accurately. If possible, find one with the additional weights and front sights. They also came with instruction manuals bearing the gun's serial number and its test grouping. Current prices seem to be £150 upwards.

Its personal ofcourse, but I never liked the FWB's. Dont like the cocking, and dont like their backwards balance/weight. Allthough they áre great shooters ofcourse.
    I dó like the Tau 7! A LOT!They're GREAT pistols!!
    But if you want self contained, look at the Diana 6M/10 pistols. Same age as the FWB's, but I like their shooting behaviour better. And their cocking too (breakbarrel). Same as I prefer the 75 above the 300. Same system of anti-recoil.
    IZH also has a very nice SSP pistol, the 46. Very good too. An old FWB100 SSP will go for about the same $$.
    But I dont like the reverse cocking of SSP's. But they shoot VERY nice, completely recoilless! So, find out what powerplant you like first.
    Good luck with yr choice.
    By the w, there's a Tau 7 on egun.de at the mo.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Its personal ofcourse, but I never liked the FWB's. Dont like the cocking, and dont like their backwards balance/weight. Allthough they áre great shooters ofcourse.
    I dó like the Tau 7! A LOT!They're GREAT pistols!!
    But if you want self contained, look at the Diana 6M/10 pistols. Same age as the FWB's, but I like their shooting behaviour better. And their cocking too (breakbarrel). Same as I prefer the 75 above the 300. Same system of anti-recoil.
    IZH also has a very nice SSP pistol, the 46. Very good too. An old FWB100 SSP will go for about the same $$.
    But I dont like the reverse cocking of SSP's. But they shoot VERY nice, completely recoilless! So, find out what powerplant you like first.
    Good luck with yr choice.
    By the w, there's a Tau 7 on egun.de at the mo.

Hi there.I totally agree with your observations on the original 6m pistol,i bought a fwb 65 and while i appreciated the sheer quality and workmanship in the fwb i still prefered my 6m.I have quite small hands and the fwb is a very large and awkward pistol for me to control,on the other hand my original 6m is beautifully balanced and half the size of the fwb and far more accurate in my hands...