Thread: Buccaneer Barrel?

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm

Buccaneer Barrel?

I've just got a 0.22 Buccaneer and would like to change it to 0.177: are the barrels interchangeable with any of the Meteors? If so, which Mark?

ATB...... Jerry
    Jerry

Not interchangable I'm afraid.
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I thought the earlier Meteors had barrels that you could swap onto the Scorpion, and then hencely onto the Buccaneer? Gedfinn2 will know!

By early I mean a Mk 3 or 4 not the Spanglish nightmares they sell nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    I've just got a 0.22 Buccaneer and would like to change it to 0.177: are the barrels interchangeable with any of the Meteors? If so, which Mark?

ATB...... Jerry
    Hi, I did a thread a couple of weeks ago on another forum ( Same subject )
    The answer is NO, & the chances of getting one Nil.

The breech block on the Scorpion/Bucanneer/Shadow are the same, They are not however the same as the Bsa rifle range, & will not & cannot be made to fit the others,
    A few years ago, I " Made " a barrel for a mate of mine, His Bucanneer had fired off on cocking, & bent it too badly to straighten.
    This involved Taking the breech off of a Scorpion pistol, The Barrel off a Meteor, Unbrazing, Making a jig to align & hold & Silver soldering,I even have a Pic on disc, Cheers, Ged.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Awww, bum. Sounds like it's keep it in 0.22 until I get lucky then. I'll have to start cruising the Sunday booters in the locality and hope.

Thanks for the pointers folks.

Jerry

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    0.22 will give greater power and efficiency and softer recoil, so maybe not such a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    0.22 will give greater power and efficiency and softer recoil, so maybe not such a bad thing.
    Hi, The .177 shoots much better, A little less Ooomph but that can be compensated for !
    The weight of the Bucanner ( Which is suprising ) Curbs most of the recoil.
    Ged.