Thread: diana g80

diana g80

wasnt these a popular gun
    i had one when i was a kid and i remember it being quite accurate

but i just never see any for sale on here
    are people just keeping them or arnt there many around

atb
    good deals; trefilhunter.. minuteman. SimonS.gran.
    super shooter..dj jon r..ironmonkey

my dad had one. he bought it new after reading a review in Airgun world.I remember it being very accurate and reasonably powerfull. I think it got traded in against a Webley Vulcan. Wish he still had it Havnt seen one for sale for years.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Do a search, there are a couple of threads on them. There are a few advertised on here each year, in fact there is a G79 on here now, which is the G80 but with a plainer stock.

Gareth, one of the mods, is in love with a custom version of the G80 called the Airgunaid SP5, a .20 version made by Eddie Barber at Airgunaid.

The direct competitor to the G80 was the BSA Meteor, which for some reason seems to have been held in much greater affection and which sold in vast numbers. The trigger and sights of the G80 were superior, and also the late model stock was nicely designed, I think it was slightly dearer than the Meteor but not as powerful in standard form.

It fell behind in the power race of the early 1980s and was a somewhat dated design. Appealed to backyard shooters rather than hunters or target shooters, lots around but rather unloved by the BBS fraternity. Should be able to get a nice one for about 60 pounds. It is a nice, handy rifle and makes a good open-sight plinker, it weighs only a shade over 6 lbs. Power in .22 is about 8-9 ft/lbs, can be boosted to over 10 with lots of work, the .177 is about 7-8 ft/lbs. A .22 with a low-power scope or red-dot sight might make a handy rat-buster for indoor work.

Far superior to the Relum Tornado! Parts available from Chambers.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 02-03-2010 at 10:42 PM.

i Have a .177 version, not powerful but nice little gun to teach a newbie with.