I picked up a rather nice new toy this weekend in the form of the Diana 46 Stutzen. -Yes, I know this is the collectables section but stick with me... I'm very impressed with the set of open sights it comes with; nice and rugged with easy adjustment. In fact, so nice my mind started wandering.... this is the problem with cold wet Sundays when you haven't managed to exorcise the shooting bug by lying in a puddle somewhere with total strangers on an HFT course.
Has anyone tried doing an HFT course with open sights? I've done one with diopters, but not plain old iron. The rear sight has a little elevation wheel marked from 0-9, but the instruction manual helpfully tells you that this isn't calibrated for any particular distance.
SO.... and this is why I'm posting here, (as I figured more people in this section have shot without the need for a whopping great MBC Zeuss Bushwhack Loophole stuck on top), has anyone out of interest worked out any rough data for height of rear sight to target distance? I'm not sure Chairgun is going to be that helpful with increments of a nanometer. And yes, to make matters worse it is in .22. At the moment my crib card reads;

8-15 yds pretty much in the middle
20-25yds top
25-30yds up a bit
35yds up abit more
40yds up quite a lot
45yds circling motion in general direction above target.

I'm not expecting a great score, heck if I can hit the plates I'll be happy. Just fancy giving it a go......