Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nemesis Power Uplift?

Smile Confirmation.

Hi guys
    Simon at Webley has confirmed that the piston head forms the final wall of the reservoir so either Nick's liner or a longer piston would do the job. It also explains why you can not multi pump the pistol.

Mind you a leaf valve between the piston head and the reservoir would increase the compression and give you a choice of power levels.

NIIIIIICK.

Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Hi guys
    Simon at Webley has confirmed that the piston head forms the final wall of the reservoir so either Nick's liner or a longer piston would do the job. It also explains why you can not multi pump the pistol.

Mind you a leaf valve between the piston head and the reservoir would increase the compression and give you a choice of power levels.

Jim D
    If this is what you want - why not just buy an Alecto???

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Jim,
    you've not stripped an ssp before then? An ssp with a valve is a multi-pump, if you make space for a valve you'll get less power from the first stroke.
    The longer piston bit assumes there is space at the end of the stroke for futher travel, is this confirmed? Otherwise a little bit too much length & the stress will destroy the frame over a short time.
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Red face Strip

Hi Nick
    I stopped stripping guns from the 1960s untill 2003 so they were all springers.
    Since the 60s I spent a long time stripping and rebuilding hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
    Yes I do know that more than one pump makes it a multi stroke pistol and as far as clearance goes I give you Simon at Webleys reply.

i have no idea :-(

sorry bud

simon
    However he does not rule out the leaf valve between the piston and chamber idea but simply says it will have to be fixed to prevent it moving back up into the barrel of the pump.

I think your idea of linering the chamber will be the best bet since that will not alter the swept volume and will raise the compression ratio.

Regards
    Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If you have any scope for a mm or so stroke increase to take up headspace (if there is some) you could achieve this by boring & sleeving the pivot point in the top slide using a bushes with an offset.
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com