After briefly posting to the BBS this morning to the thread 'annoying morning' I was just thinking how many times I had had an unsuccessful shoot when a pigeon landed right by the back door.

I got my small daughter out of the way so she couldn't see what was happening and got my TX200. It was the only one of my guns without a trigger lock on and I didn't want piggie flying off while I unlocked one of my other guns.

Anyway by the time I had my gun ready I couldn't see him! However he hadn't gone far, infact he had walked right into my zeroing range. I didn't even have to compensate for distance!!

Couln't risk a head shot cos he was tucking into something so took a neck shot! One more decoy for tomorrows shoot

For information to any thought police that might be monitoring this BBS the gun did not have a lock on it as it is up for sale on the BBS and I had been cleaning it this morning. Also I have a fairly big garden (extending to 13 acres) so it is perfectly safe to be shooting vermin in it