Thread: Valuation for insurance all classics(help)

Valuation for insurance all classics(help)

Need some advice please for a friend the following rifles are all classics he needs to know what there worth for insurance, all I would describe as good condition bluing better than I have seen on some modern rifles some of these 100 years or older, thank you in advance for your help. Peter.

BSA S/N S50520
    BSA S/N CA78010
    BSA S/N S4501
    BSA S/N L59243
    BSA S/N ST4683
    BSA S/N B37240
    BSA AIRSPORTER MK1 S/N G32565
    WEBLEY SERVICE MK2 S/N 11920
    WEBLEY MK3 S/N A9875
    WEBLEY MK3 S/N 35042
    Also I think another BSA D model under lever with load on the tap where you load it looks very old.
    Last edited by Silverwolf; 02-03-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: add text

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwolf View Post
    Need some advice please for a friend the following rifles are all classics he needs to know what there worth for insurance, all I would describe as good condition bluing better than I have seen on some modern rifles some of these 100 years or older, thank you in advance for your help. Peter.

BSA S/N S50520
    BSA S/N CA78010
    BSA S/N S4501
    BSA S/N L59243
    BSA S/N ST4683
    BSA S/N B37240
    BSA AIRSPORTER MK1 S/N G32565
    WEBLEY SERVICE MK2 S/N 11920
    WEBLEY MK3 S/N A9875
    WEBLEY MK3 S/N 35042
    Also I think another BSA D model under lever with load on the tap where you load it looks very old.
    Peter the true value of these guns depends on their condition, the exact models involved, their originality, completeness and so on, which can't be judged from the serial numbers alone.

For insurance purposes I would consider getting the Beeman Blue Book of Airguns (or signing up for an online subscription) and using its pricing information. It's not very accurate and can be very patchy but it would probably be good enough for what you need and would carry weight with the insurance company in the event of a claim.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Peter the true value of these guns depends on their condition, the exact models involved, their originality, completeness and so on, which can't be judged from the serial numbers alone.

For insurance purposes I would consider getting the Beeman Blue Book of Airguns (or signing up for an online subscription) and using its pricing information. It's not very accurate and can be very patchy but it would probably be good enough for what you need and would carry weight with the insurance company in the event of a claim.
    Thank you for the info will tell my friend next time I see him.

Silverwolf, it depends what your friend wants to insure against,.. if he is looking for simple household cover which insures against fire ,theft and flood, then he probably is already covered if he has a household contents policy, as none of the guns are worth more than the single item value of £1000 then so long as he has sufficient cover overall he is probably ok. If he wants cover away from the house , against "all risks" eg. accidental damage, or theft from the car etc., then he needs to add them to the all risks ( nowadays called Personal possessions by some companies) section of his contents policy, he will still not need to identify them individually unless the gun is worth more than the £1000 single item, He has 10 guns with an average value of £200 per gun, so he just needs an extra £2000 of all risks cover on top of any he already has.
    If your friend is a trader or competition shooter for gain , he needs to contact his household contents insurer as the potential risks and claims are very different. In any event the best thing is to contact his insurance company and ask their advice. Clear as mud eh!