Thread: Sig hammerli???

Sig hammerli???

Does anyone have for sale, or know where I can get a stock for a SIG HAMMERLI model 420 .177 air rifle.
    Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Bazwong.
    Just too many guns! NO, I was only kidding!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Took me four years to find a Sig Hammerli 420, never mind parts for it. Probably best to adapt something else to it, it is a sidelever so that should be relatively easy. Good luck anyway!

Sig Hammerli?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Took me four years to find a Sig Hammerli 420, never mind parts for it. Probably best to adapt something else to it, it is a sidelever so that should be relatively easy. Good luck anyway!
    Thanks for that advice. I just had this gun given to me, now I know why
    The stock is in 2 pieces, and is only staying together because of the action screw behind the trigger
    Thanks again
    Bazwong.
    Just too many guns! NO, I was only kidding!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    That is an easy repair really. If you are interested in a swap I have a few things kicking around. However, the Hammerli is one of the most under-rated rifles of the 70s and 80s and if you refurbish it you will find it one of the sweetest-shooting and extremely accurate springers that money CAN'T buy anymore.

I've just picked a 420 up with the intention of reviewing it for AGW. Agree with the comments about the rifle being under rated. It really is a fine piece of kit and a looker to boot. It is worth fixing your model up as spares are as rare as hen's teeth. First target tests gave me 5mm groups at 7 yards standing in .177. One problem is the lack of info on these rifles. Will publish what I find.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I've just picked a 420 up with the intention of reviewing it for AGW. Agree with the comments about the rifle being under rated. It really is a fine piece of kit and a looker to boot. It is worth fixing your model up as spares are as rare as hen's teeth. First target tests gave me 5mm groups at 7 yards standing in .177. One problem is the lack of info on these rifles. Will publish what I find.
    John
    This thread has my two-pennoth's worth of Hammerli lore in it ...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269032

If you need info I know a bit about these rifles, I used to use one in FT at the beginning of time...
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 06-03-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Hi Hsing-ee,
    Thanks for that and what a lovely rifle to shoot FT with back in the day. My 420 has 3 vents and a barrel band with what probably once held a sling swivel up front and a slot similar to a Mauser K98K at the rear of the butt. There is no safety catch fitted and as it says Made in Germany, I would estimate production between 1971 and 1978, when the "New" 420 was advertised on the back of AGW. Could you narrow the dates down any further? If you have any factory advertising or info on the 420 that you would be happy to share, I would be very interested in seeing it. A lovely rifle but the background information I crave about every new addition to the collection seems very thin on the ground!
    Kind regards,
    John

Ah, you actually have the Military 420. I had a woodstocked 401, the actions were often marked '420' as it was the same basic mechanism. The 401 had a micrometer rearsight rather than the simple on on the 420. I will get what stuff I have together and send it to you, when is the deadline?

Dr Koenig knows about these 'Military' Hammerlis, it would be worth asking him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Ah, you actually have the Military 420. I had a woodstocked 401, the actions were often marked '420' as it was the same basic mechanism. The 401 had a micrometer rearsight rather than the simple on on the 420. I will get what stuff I have together and send it to you, when is the deadline?

Dr Koenig knows about these 'Military' Hammerlis, it would be worth asking him about it.
    No deadline just yet as I have a couple of completed submissions in hand, so would rather take the time to research this properly than rush.

Many thanks once again.
    John

Hi Baz,

I think I have a stock for your Hamerrrrr...you know what I mean..! I'll have a look tomorrow & let you know.

Pics sent Baz (Email) not clever enough to post them on here....

Pics returned Baz.... mailer demon or something like that..! Will send them to the "expert" out there on a narrowboat somewhere...lucky bleeder.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    pics
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Re Pic's

Thanks fella..hope you can't see the stains on the "shagpile"..

Guess it's not the one you are after Baz...i'll put it up 4 sale on a different thread in case any other members are interested..