Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW85 information please lads (and any lasses)

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by daveuk View Post
    Hiya Paul, good to hear from you.

i'll be selling a HW100 along with about half a dozen wooden stocked air arms/sussex armoury sidelevers. all in very good-excellent condition.
    i started an email to you the other day but didnt get chance to finish it.

all is well out here thanks mate. on a lockdown at minute due to elections so getting plenty of team training in.
    Could be tempted by a sidelever mate, send that email and tell me more about them when you get a few minutes...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by daveuk View Post
    Thanks alot for the extra input.
    richywilk - nice one mate, good for you. if you can remember could you drop me a PM when you get yours back to let me know your feedback on the work done?

bigchap - i'll let you know if i come across anymore for sale. unless its a luxus/deluxe in which case i'll be a selfish bugger.

rocketlauncher - You have given me confidence in the 85 by saying that its the only springer you kept, thats a BIG statement in itself. dont get me wrong, i'm in no doubt about Weihrauch rifles but i am HEAVILY biased to the HW80 so its good to know the 85 is also a great rifle.
    i've seen a photograph of the rifle i'm getting and the stock on that rifle too also ends before the screw so it all looks to be original from the pics. (apart from that black trigger)
    You have also made my mind up with regard to vmaching my rifle. i'll get it on Steves waiting list so i have time to sell some other rifles off to pay for the work. i am very much looking forward to seeing the pics of your 85.

Topdog - hi David, you too also say that the HW85 is a great smooth shooting rifle. i also have a sidewinder compact so when the 85 is vmached it will be interesting to shoot them side by side for a comparison.
    That should be a great test! Drop me an e-mail when you have the 85 back from Steve Pope. I fitted a new V-Mach spring and further tweaked my Sidewinder Compact and it now does 11.5 ft.lbs with a peak-peak velocity variation of 3.7 fps over a 10 shot string. Have a 95 which now does 11.5 ft.lbs with 5.5 fps pk-pk variation. These are my two top ranking for consistency (at the moment!). More importantly, I love shooting with them!
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    That should be a great test! Drop me an e-mail when you have the 85 back from Steve Pope. I fitted a new V-Mach spring and further tweaked my Sidewinder Compact and it now does 11.5 ft.lbs with a peak-peak velocity variation of 3.7 fps over a 10 shot string. Have a 95 which now does 11.5 ft.lbs with 5.5 fps pk-pk variation. These are my two top ranking for consistency (at the moment!). More importantly, I love shooting with them!
    THATS what its about in my book! ENJOYMENT.
    I have to admit though (and i'm not an expert on figures and statistics at all) that 3.7 and 5.5fps variation over ten shots from spring piston air rifles sounds VERY impressive to me! i've a feeling it will be later in the year when i get the HW85 Vmached due to Steves waiting list but it will be great to fire it alongside my .177 Sidewinder. The HW85K is a .22.

My Dad collected the rifle last week as arranged and tells me that it is in very good condition. which made me very happy.

Bigchap - i've seen your wanted ad and it looks like you really are kicking yourself.

as for vmach, i've had an email back from Steve who still rates the HW80 as the best platform over the HW85, 35 or 95. I'm now indecisive as to whether i should get another HW80 Vmach'd but in .20 or .22 or whether i should get the 85 done for a change, even if it isnt as good a platform as the heavier 80. decisions decisions..

yep,kicked myself right in the knackers when i got rid of the 85 luxus!