Thread: Old Webley pellet tins

Old Webley pellet tins

Searching through my fathers old stuff I came across a Webley tin filled with screws etc.

I vaguely remember it from the early 70s, its a .22 tin with ".22 special wasted pellets" written on it, its white and orange with the Webley name written through it in black.

Does anyone know if these are collectable? or is it only fit for screws and bits as my dear old dad decided many years ago

Yes they are collectable...but condition is everything.They start at a fiver upwards...anythink with Weaman Street on goes for more & a full unopened tin can fetch quite a lot of spondolos...you often see them on a certain auction site...so you can get an idea from there...hope this helps?

tin

Yes, Thanks Hwvixen for the info, I did a search on this, my date was reasonably accurate at circa 1972, I bet they would have cost about 50p a tin back then, a whopping 38 years ago!

I was just 17 years old then and envious of my mate who had a brand new Airsporter, whilst I had a .22 meteor which I bought 2nd hand of a mate, who in turn bought it from his mums catalogue.....those were the days.......

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by auora5000 View Post
    Yes, Thanks Hwvixen for the info, I did a search on this, my date was reasonably accurate at circa 1972, I bet they would have cost about 50p a tin back then, a whopping 38 years ago!

I was just 17 years old then and envious of my mate who had a brand new Airsporter, whilst I had a .22 meteor which I bought 2nd hand of a mate, who in turn bought it from his mums catalogue.....those were the days.......
    Same here mate!......I am that age too, and my brother got a Relum from one of those catalogues....happy days ......Actually, I had a quick mooch on eb@y after reading your post, to see if there were any Littlewoods, Grattan, Freemans, Kays etc. catalogues from that era, as I like to post old gun adverts on my flikr page......

I suppose they have all been binned over the years, but if anyone's gran on here is using them for loft insulation or whatever.......They are fetching good money.......