Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juniour sized guns of today??

edbear2 Guest

Juniour sized guns of today??

Back in pre-pc days, when ads like this were common in boy's comics and periodicals....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7608030264100/

There was a fairly large choice of junior sized guns for the younger shooter.....proper small sized rifles, like the smaller Dianas, Milbros, Webley Junior and Jaguar etc........I recently saw a Weihrauch 25 at a flea market which looked a true "lads" gun, but does anyone else still do these?......not in the market, just wondering what beginners of a younger age have to start with these days.....

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Back in pre-pc days, when ads like this were common in boy's comics and periodicals....

There was a fairly large choice of junior sized guns for the younger shooter.....proper small sized rifles, like the smaller Dianas, Milbros, Webley Junior and Jaguar etc........I recently saw a Weihrauch 25 at a flea market which looked a true "lads" gun, but does anyone else still do these?......not in the market, just wondering what beginners of a younger age have to start with these days.....
    Cometa do a couple of small starters.
    Norica do some too.

The Weihrauch are better than both though. The HW30S is a real gem.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Quote Originally Posted by tmstech View Post
    Cometa do a couple of small starters.
    Norica do some too.

The Weihrauch are better than both though. The HW30S is a real gem.
    Hi Tom...I beg your pardon but These are real Gems!...the HW30 is better
    blah blah

Mmmmmmm £1.3.9d to £9.1.3d ....

Ahhhh if only ......

Roy

The trusty BSA Meteor is still kicking about I'm sure!...introduced many a lad into the wonderful field of airgun sport has the Meteor
    blah blah

Ads

Wouldn't the pc brigade have a fit if the above ads appeared in comics these days. Jenny Dipple

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    Wouldn't the pc brigade have a fit if the above ads appeared in comics these days. Jenny Dipple
    Hi........Yep!........shows IMHO, what a load of cobbles today's nanny brigade talk, If you look at the childhood that people like me (born in the 50's) had, and our early exposure to airguns and fireworks and all other sorts of "bad" things, I don't think we turned out so bad....Mind you, I had parents who really impressed on me the responsibility of what I was doing, and there was always the threat of the rolling pin...if we got caught!

I really feel sorry for the poor little blighters today, In all too many cases they never know the freedom and fun we took so for granted

Ads

I totally agree. Jenny Dipple

You're exactly right, Ed. I think it is a shame for children today.

Hi,

I only started with air guns a few months ago, and I've only recently joined this forum. But seeing this thread, I couldn't resist putting in my two pennorth worth (my only contributions on the main forum have been in the non-airgun sections, for obvious reasons).

I bought my initial air rifles from an excellent local shop, with many second hand guns. I bought a Crosman 2100 rifle and then a Crosman 3177 pistol. I found both excellent guns for backyard plinking. Both are pump action (1-10) but 3 pumps are enough for the backyard.

In America (as I understand), the guns have been first air guns for kids for decades. They are light, robust and cheap. And I think some of them
    are now considered "classics".

Sorry - thought I'd throw that in! (I've bought springers and C02 guns, but I do love my Crosmans)

Cheers,

Mike

Brocock Contour

The Brocock Contour tips the scales at about 1.5kg and the reach is nice and short.

My daughter wants to do some HFT when see turns nine, but can't hold my Scorpion for any length of time.

The only pain is the shot count will mean carrying a bottle with us.

Quote Originally Posted by westy306 View Post
    The Brocock Contour tips the scales at about 1.5kg and the reach is nice and short.

My daughter wants to do some HFT when see turns nine, but can't hold my Scorpion for any length of time.

The only pain is the shot count will mean carrying a bottle with us.
    try a falcon light hunter or a rat catcher first .failing that have a good go at the trigger with an angle grinder and file

early days

i agree with edbears comments but i was airgunning from the late thirties,no restictions at all.that realy was airgunning heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Craig View Post
    Hi,

I only started with air guns a few months ago, and I've only recently joined this forum. But seeing this thread, I couldn't resist putting in my two pennorth worth (my only contributions on the main forum have been in the non-airgun sections, for obvious reasons).

I bought my initial air rifles from an excellent local shop, with many second hand guns. I bought a Crosman 2100 rifle and then a Crosman 3177 pistol. I found both excellent guns for backyard plinking. Both are pump action (1-10) but 3 pumps are enough for the backyard.

In America (as I understand), the guns have been first air guns for kids for decades. They are light, robust and cheap. And I think some of them
    are now considered "classics".

Sorry - thought I'd throw that in! (I've bought springers and C02 guns, but I do love my Crosmans)

Cheers,

Mike

Sorry......I'll get my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Craig View Post
    Sorry......I'll get my coat.
    Don't worry, it takes a while for people to notice posts that don't contain the words "BSA Light Pattern", "Gem", "Falke", "pre-war", "BSF" and such like

On the subject of junior rifles, I suppose the Crosman 13xx type fitted with a shoulder stock would fit the bill. I've never used one myself, but as a teenager I always hankered after a 1377.

I recently bought a 1978 Original/Diana 23 for my seven year old nephews to train with. It's perfect, although there's no scope provision. I say I bought it for my nephews, more correctly I bought it for myself using my nephews as an excuse. Really great, fun little rifle.

How about the Gamo Delta? That always struck me as an ideal junior rifle. Are they still made?