Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Binoculars for £19 ???

Binoculars for £19 ???

I guess this is a bit of a heads up and review all in one.

I was in the market for a set of binoculars to leave in the car, for some reason I never have my binoculars to hand when I need them but can not justify spending a few hundred pounds on a second set for occasional use.

After reading a few reviews on cheap roof prism binoculars I stumbled across these:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=107160

Supplied in 10x42 flavour and roof prism format and a £19 price tag my feelings were that there was either a catch or these would be seriously bad.
    Against my better judgment I placed an order.

I received the binoculars yesterday and I have to be honest and say that I am truly amazed by the optical quality. Okay, there is no comparison to £500 + binoculars but these binoculars are every bit as good as binoculars in the £100 to £200 range. Very good low light ability, light weight but no so light that it screams cheap! The case is cheap, the strap is cheap but the binoculars are great.
    Supplied with rain guards, which will fit most 10x42 binoculars (£10 in most shops). The rubber armour is okay to good. Focus is free of back lash and will focus down to about 8 yards. Compared to my Zeiss, I would say based on Zeiss being 90% perfect, these would come in at 75% perfect there is a big difference in price!

If your on the look out for some binoculars and are on a budget, give these a go and if your not happy send them back for a full refund!

John

bins

I totally agree with the above - i also received a pair of these binoculars this week , after reading very good reviews on them and they are brilliant ... for the £

bought a few pairs of binos off 7 day ,all have been a1 ,use them for ink an paper print supplies ,mem cards ,and batteries ,scope batteries are really cheap .as are cr2 type torch batteries

You really can't beat 7dayshop for good stuff. Free delivery insude the UK too!

I get all of my CR123 batteries and swiss army knives from them.

No connection, etcetera, except as a happy customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Craig View Post
    "as the man who invented the reversible zip fastener, he certainly knows a thing or two about making pork pies".

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    how do these fare on long range use, depth of field?

Thanks, been keeping an eye out for some cheapies like this

Quote Originally Posted by deanc2226 View Post
    how do these fare on long range use, depth of field?
    These binoculars are adequate.... for theatre viewing. I had bought a pair but fortunately my young son broke these in an accident, so I took the opportunity to branch out. The one thing which annoyed me with this pair was that it lacked in long range use and was too bright to use comfortably for extended periods of time in bright daylight, especially with metalic/reflective stuff around.

I considered many sorts of binoculars before settling on a reasonably cheap pair of binoculars from Olympus which I bought from One Stop Retail.com for about £40. I would tell you about it, but it should be the subject of another post and a different review...

Note the website now says they are awaiting stock!
    Regards,
    Dave.
    Regards,
    Dave.

they have had good reveiws on the twitcher s site great for the cash ,we cannot all afford swaro/zeiss

Quote Originally Posted by derek.snr View Post
    they have had good reveiws on the twitcher s site great for the cash ,we cannot all afford swaro/zeiss
    The binoculars are great! I have two sets now.

Wabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbiting View Post
    The binoculars are great! I have two sets now.

Wabbit
    Greedy
    Annie 1517 HMR DM80 Mod - CZ527 .223 REM PES Mod
    Marlin 7000 .22RF Sak Mod - Mossberg Section 1 Pump

7dayshop 8x40 bins

I have had a number of pairs of the 10x42 bins from 7dayshop for me and few mates , but needing some more and as they are out of stock at the moment i took the plunge and purchased a pair of the 7dayshop 8x40 bins for a grand total of £12.99 .They arrived today and must say again they are brilliant,nice and clear optics light weight higly recommend them . for the £ you wont go wrong
    link here
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=107161

Hope you are right Jerry or i won't be buying any more £1 Red squirell pins from you ordering some now

cheers

for the cash they are spot on mate , oh and btw we are having some more pin badges made up - different design - so if you like the bins you may have to buy a new one

Will do Jerry