I guess this is a bit of a heads up and review all in one.

I was in the market for a set of binoculars to leave in the car, for some reason I never have my binoculars to hand when I need them but can not justify spending a few hundred pounds on a second set for occasional use.

After reading a few reviews on cheap roof prism binoculars I stumbled across these:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=107160

Supplied in 10x42 flavour and roof prism format and a £19 price tag my feelings were that there was either a catch or these would be seriously bad.
Against my better judgment I placed an order.

I received the binoculars yesterday and I have to be honest and say that I am truly amazed by the optical quality. Okay, there is no comparison to £500 + binoculars but these binoculars are every bit as good as binoculars in the £100 to £200 range. Very good low light ability, light weight but no so light that it screams cheap! The case is cheap, the strap is cheap but the binoculars are great.
Supplied with rain guards, which will fit most 10x42 binoculars (£10 in most shops). The rubber armour is okay to good. Focus is free of back lash and will focus down to about 8 yards. Compared to my Zeiss, I would say based on Zeiss being 90% perfect, these would come in at 75% perfect there is a big difference in price!

If your on the look out for some binoculars and are on a budget, give these a go and if your not happy send them back for a full refund!

John