Thread: tau 7 co2

tau 7 co2

hi i am new to target shooting and have recently bought a tau 7 target pistol , i was hoping to partially run it on soda stream bottles , but i am getting confused over the different adapters for different size bottles and number of threads , if there is an adapter anywhere i would be happy to purchase it , as long as it fits its purpose , any advise appreciated
    thanks

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I have had a B-96 and also a Tau-7 which I bought from May of London, they both came with the SodaStream adaptor. I suggest you contact them for one, if they don't have one they will be able to tell you where you can get one.

Tau-7 is a superb pistol, wish I had not sold mine, great design, sweet trigger, easy to use.

http://www.mayoflondon.co.uk/

I have one and I found this http://my.tbaytel.net/coopers/Tau7Review/review.html very informative.

The Tau is made for 12gr bulbs. It doesnt come with any bulb adapter.
    The AlfaProj dóes though(for 7gr bulbs), maybe that'll fit? Its the same system..
    Dont part with yr Tau, they're GREAT shooters!
    But why not use the 12gr? More shots!
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by martindavie View Post
    hi i am new to target shooting and have recently bought a tau 7 target pistol , i was hoping to partially run it on soda stream bottles , but i am getting confused over the different adapters for different size bottles and number of threads , if there is an adapter anywhere i would be happy to purchase it , as long as it fits its purpose , any advise appreciated
    thanks
    In the pistol section of the forum (General Airguns/Air Pistols) there is a thread about bulk filling CO2. A forum member Gingernut said he had two of the sodastreem adaptors to bulk fill this type of pistol,why not try him.
    Peter

My advice would be "don't bother".

When I got my Alfa, I tried bulk filling (Hambleton Bard beer CO2 cylinders), but the quantity of charge was hit and miss.

Now I just use 12g capsules from our sponsor, 30p each and I know I have 70 full power shots.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Hi,
    To bulk fill efficiently, you need to reduce the temperature of the receiving vessel. As the cylinder is fixed in the gun, you could perhaps try to vent a little gas (from a partial fill), which should cool the cylinder down. It should enable a higher charge of gas. With detachable cylinders, you merely put them in the freezer for a few minutes.

Smile

Hi thanks for the replies i have bought the hamilton bard beer adapter /sodastream bottle and as others have commented having varied results , with practice i should get more consistent results (i have plenty of co2 capsules and they work fine ) , most of the suppliers of genuine tau adapters seem to be overseas , whilst searching i found an interesting gun similar in many ways to the tau the mac 1 from the good old USA , we cant have them all can we . martin

Filling from the bottle always is a pain. Trick is to: keep it upside down, to cool the pistol with rapid fire dry fire's (with co2 ofcourse), and PATIENCE. Dont expect a full fill withing 5 sec! I usually wait a few minutes. Take yr time!
    Also, warm up the filling bottle. Not with flame ofcourse, but with yr hand or something else warm.
    ATB,
    yana