Thread: the real gem ??

the real gem ??

mm
    TIM
    Last edited by tjg; 07-03-2010 at 12:47 AM.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows...

OK...I'm intrigued enough to reply (doesn't take much)...would you care to elaborate?
    blah blah

edbear2 Guest
    Dave ....maybe he means mmmmmmmmm......referring to your recent photo of your row of guns!

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Dave ....maybe he means mmmmmmmmm......referring to your recent photo of your row of guns!

Doh!...thanks Ed, I hadn't thought of that...I was thinking there maybe another in the offing, to add to the row!

EDIT; for anyone that's interested, here are some more pics of my Gems, mainly Jean Marck stuff, scans of old catalogues, etc,
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 07-03-2010 at 08:41 AM.
    blah blah

Sorry for the confusion,I wrote a story inspired by your Gems,tried to ad an attachment,and ended up deleting the lot in frustration..leaving just one syllable as you canot delete the whole thread(If you would Garath,please)
    A superb photo indeed..if anybody produced a calender of airguns,those baby's would be in it !!Dave,Ive snatched a copy..hope you dont mind !!
    http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr269/timmyglenn/
    Dave could you tell me about this one please..

TIM
    Last edited by tjg; 07-03-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows...

Hi Tim,

No probs, anyone can copy and keep my pics if they want, I'll do a load more soon

Concerning your Gem, is the trigger housing removable from the cylinder and does it have any markings?...It looks very much like a 'composite' type Gem, probably made by Friedrich Langenham, Zeller Street, Thuringia, Germany, sometime between 1920-1939.

Hope this helps
    blah blah

Hi Dave,
    The trigger is removable,but the cylinder was at one time nickel plated,the serial No is stamped on the breech,and opposing transfer port,Gem is stamped on the fixed barrell,sights dovetailed in barrell.
    what kind of power did these guns produce ??I'm sure i could throw a pellet farther..than this one.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tjg View Post
    Hi Dave,
    The trigger is removable,but the cylinder was at one time nickel plated,the serial No is stamped on the breech,and opposing transfer port,Gem is stamped on the fixed barrell,sights dovetailed in barrell.
    what kind of power did these guns produce ??I'm sure i could throw a pellet farther..than this one.
    Tim
    Hi Tim,

It's a composite type Gem by Langenham, as previously mentioned.

...As for the power, well, mine do between 2fpe and 4fpe (have not tested the .25s yet though)...but they were only really designed for shooting at about 6-10 yards max!...having said that, and on a good day, with no wind etc,...occasionally, I can hit a 6 inch steel target that is placed out at 52 meters at the club, with my old standard .177 smoothbore No2 JM T-bar, producing around 3.4fpe, my personal best is 5 times on the trot
    blah blah