Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please recommend me a classic break barrel.....

Smile

Without doubt a webley Hawk Mk3. ,in perfect condition with original packing and paperwork, right size ,good power, going up in value as well. There are millions of weihrauchs, but they dont make real Webleys any more, also introduces the lad to the scintillating world of "collectable". Good luck. Of course as you know there isn't an answer to your question.

Trigger! So many guns marketed for juniors have abysmal triggers. HW30 is one as are some of the BSA's and the Webley MKI Vulcan wasn't great either. Why is it all right for a beginner when we more experienced shots wouldn't touch something with a poor trigger?

Size and weight are the next consideration. Stocks are too long for young people. Anything "man sized" is never going to work and anything over 7lbs will never be lifted.

I have a BSA Cadet with a shortened stock and its the business for a starter gun. Even the trigger is smooth and breaks at about 3lbs. Power isn't important.
    A Webley Vulcan MKI with the trigger worked on is the next size up. A ASI paratrooper works too, as does a Buccaneer. The Crosman Rabbitstopper has a too long a shock but the right weight. Its a tricky one, thats for sure.

If you can get youngsters plinking you will have them hooked. But please have something they can actually work and a half decent trigger. Dare I say it even an airsoft small gun might be more fun. Youngsters are well aware that they might have to wait to grow into a full sized rifle.

I would say, though never owned one, that a BSA Ultra PCP with an even shorter stock might work really well. I'm sure someone could add to this.

Have a look at the Webley Excel full power and very light

Anschutz 335 ,if you can find one.Easily manageable for a youngster and adult alike,superb quality and very accurate.I would like one myself but allways get beaten by fellow bbs'ers when an example comes up for sale...

Hi, if you want a medium sized, very well made,superb accuracy then an Original 35! seriously such a good gun, do some research on here about them it all good stuff!
    ATB Lee
    Air Arms Ev2 MKII, Big Nikko, lots of luck!
    Air Logic Genesis .177

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I would recommend a HW30II, as that is what I have spare at the moment, if you can wait a month or so...

Seriously, it is a very nice rifle for men, younger men, youths, ladies and girls of the sturdier kind.