Thread: BSA Improved Model D, No:67543, JC MILITARIA

BSA Improved Model D, No:67543, JC MILITARIA

Just bought a BSA Improved Model D No:67543 from JC MILITARIA. Dave was very helpful & the service was first class. The rifle arrived in enough packaging to bubble wrap the Reichstag. £245 (inc next day delivery by TNT) Its in lovely condition with only a few small marks. Off to give it a go on Wednesday vintage night.

http://www.jcmilitaria.com/display_image.asp?ID=4943

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Croydonisation View Post

Just bought a BSA Improved Model D No:67543 from JC MILITARIA. Dave was very helpful & the service was first class. The rifle arrived in enough packaging to bubble wrap the Reichstag. £245 (inc next day delivery by TNT) Its in lovely condition with only a few small marks. Off to give it a go on Wednesday vintage night.

Hi Croydonisation. Have just approved this your 2nd post on the BBS, so welcome, especially to the collectors section (the best bit imo), and congratulations on your purchase, as it sounds -- and looks -- superb . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 09-03-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: house keeping.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I also blew the budget on the Webley .177 special pellets tin.

Look forward to seeing this in the flesh on Wednesday night!

John

what a beautiful looking gun ,congratulations something to treasure how many modern creations will last as long in working condition as some of the works of art that used to be turned out
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Hi John, Im a newbie with 6 ticks in the box not a full member. I shot at the charity shoot and last Wednesday with Teds rifle and had a bloody brilliant nights shooting. I decided to go and buy my own. Hopefully a few tins of Hobbys will arrive in the post on Wednesday. Might need a bit of advice on setting up the sights correctly, Iv read on the posts you need a hammer and some experience.
    Last edited by Croydonisation; 09-03-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Big thanks to all who shot last night and shared their expert BSA knowledge, and the chaps that fettled out the sights and trigger on dear old Edith.

edbear2 Guest
    Big thanks to all who shot last night and shared their expert BSA knowledge, and the chaps that fettled out the sights and trigger on dear old Edith.
    Did it get some fluorescent red paint on the foresight as well..I am assuming you went to the BFTO, and saw the ever helpful guys there!, If so, count your blessings for being within easy travelling distance of one of the, if not THE best vintage shooting clubs/venues in the UK!

Talking

a dot of tippex and subtle shade of red nail varnish. Edith is getting a nice Brady canvas 606 slip to live in as well, as the tatty cardbord box is not fitting for a lovely rifle.

Looks a cracker. I've bought from them as well in the past, and found the service top notch. Uber jealous!