Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Gents if none of you have read the various books about this tour, 1 PWRR became the most decorated Battalion in the Army at the time off the back of it. Y Coy occupied CIMIC house which was in the news rather a lot and was infamous for receiving the most sustained incoming since Korea. The Commanding Officer said to me about CIMIC house (I was with A Coy at the time) 'If I could've chosen the most exposed position in Al Amarah which was vertually impossible to resupply effectively without contact, it would've been this one [CIMIC House]'

Paul's T-Shirt is from a tour that saw the biggest war fighting operations since the actual invasion of Iraq and is worthy of your investment. Dig deep.
Steve we must have bumped into each other at some point. Abu Naji and Cimic were not the most populated of areas! My Sqn did all the Blast shelters at Abu Naji and Cimic, after that I was attached to the Masan province Engineer support team working from Cimic.

Danny Boy VCP was one of the biggest memories, watching the warriors coming back from that OP.......

Watching an F-16 Sticking a 500lb'er danger close to smash the mortar team that was hitting us from that village North East of Cimic, over the river.

The seige... A coy came in from the North or the south? I can not remember but jesus h christ!

Passing the OMS building daily.....

Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyir0X2zY8M