Thread: Webley Eclipse - Is this true ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Far from it. I think the Omega is a lovely rifle http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=77 (3 Omegas - get it?) and the Longbow another good un. It may have been noticed that I am not a fan of Webley pistols.

ATB
    Ian
    Ahh... I have seen your Webley pistol door-stop, so I wrongly imagined you might i.e. lash together a couple of Service rifles to use as a washing line pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Ahh... I have seen your Webley pistol door-stop, so I wrongly imagined you might i.e. lash together a couple of Service rifles to use as a washing line pole.
    I would do but have you seen the (inflated) price for a Service which is basically just an over grown pistol which, I admit, does have many uses - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=134

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I would do but have you seen the (inflated) price for a Service which is basically just an over grown pistol which, I admit, does have many uses - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=134

ATB
    Ian
    I realise that I gave a poor example, ref the piston going in roughly the opposite direction to the pellets.

Patriot fence posts?

ATB
    Ian
    Hi Ian, what about the Webley Vulcan? What do you think of them. Only asking because a school pal had one...still has he's a proper hoarder

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzeh View Post
    Hi Ian, what about the Webley Vulcan? What do you think of them. Only asking because a school pal had one...still has he's a proper hoarder
    Wobbly Webley with no breech bolt, just a pin, plus awful trigger.

The Omega is a super rifle because they did the decent thing and copied the best bits of the excellent Anschutz 335 and Feinwerkbau Sport. Too late though.

The Vulcan was just an upgraded Hawk Mk III with a sexy name. Powerful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Wobbly Webley with no breech bolt, just a pin, plus awful trigger.
    Cheers 'Hs'. Saved my typing finger.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

According to the maccari website, HW's tend to have a great variety in piston seal fit. From tight to sloppy.
    And they do well, so why shouldnt the eclipse?
    Ok, difference could be, HWseal can be sloppy fit áll the time, undependant of weather.
    Would like to see some testresults on the Eclipse on this subject. Very interesting. Never though about it this way.
    ATB,
    yana