Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re Ramsbottoms

Re Ramsbottoms

Is it just me but when I go on the sight to order some pellets all that I get is choose pellet size then choose make then (Sorry there are no items in this category) looks like I'm going to have to buy from another shop. ????

Or you could ring them to place the order They're still sorting the website out.

There is a link on the website to download a PDF which gives a lot of their pellet prices, I did this last week and the dispatch was super fast on phoning.

ps
    As a new commer to pistols, I thought 500 pellets was a lot when I bought the Cp99, just bought 5000. And an hw40 Where's the UmarexBoysClub link

Quote Originally Posted by ianPD View Post
    There is a link on the website to download a PDF which gives a lot of their pellet prices, I did this last week and the dispatch was super fast on phoning.

ps
    As a new commer to pistols, I thought 500 pellets was a lot when I bought the Cp99, just bought 5000. And an hw40 Where's the UmarexBoysClub link
    Hi Pat don't go elsewhere, our sponser has always given us great service with very prompt delivery, just give him a bell.

Umarex Boys Club who just happens to have it's 2nd birthday today

For membership contact some bloke called cookie at membership@umarexboysclub.co.uk he will be more than happy to sort out membership and answer any questions.

The UBC are a great crowd, even if they have spent too many years sniff Co2.
    Last edited by cookie; 12-03-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Hi Pat don't go elsewhere, our sponser has always given us great service with very prompt delivery, just give him a bell.

Umarex Boys Club who just happens to have it's 2nd birthday today

For membership contact some bloke called cookie at membership@umarexboysclub.co.uk he will be more than happy to sort out membership and answer any questions.

The UBC are a great crowd, even if they have spent too many years sniff Co2.
    No offense to Ramsbottom as I am shore that we all apreciate him for providing this site for us to use. But it just seems mad to me that his bisiness is an on line airgun parts and accessary shop and it is not working properly. Surely he must be loosing money would it not pay him to get professional help to get it up and running properly. I should add that not all of us are happy with using phones Ie Hearing or speach problems.
    Pat

Valid points there Pat, i see what your saying.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I think they've had plenty of time to sort the site out. I don't like dealing on the phone either, so I've been getting my stuff from the shops.
    When the site's back up properly, I'll use them again, as the prices were good and delivery was very quick.

You would be hard pushed to find anyone better to deal with on the phone. Ever tried discussing choices with a website?
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Steve Valentine Guest
    No offence to mr ramsbottom but he seems to have been working on his website (new and old version) since I found his site in 2004

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    i emailed months ago asking when the pellets would be put online, got a reply saying a couple of weeks, its been months.
    im out of gecos now, and there 5.50 a tin at my local shop
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    i emailed months ago asking when the pellets would be put online, got a reply saying a couple of weeks, its been months.
    im out of gecos now, and there 5.50 a tin at my local shop
    Sounds normal enough, £5.50. Pick the phone up and save £2+ a tin.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    No offense to Ramsbottom as I am shore that we all apreciate him for providing this site for us to use. But it just seems mad to me that his bisiness is an on line airgun parts and accessary shop and it is not working properly. Surely he must be loosing money would it not pay him to get professional help to get it up and running properly. I should add that not all of us are happy with using phones Ie Hearing or speach problems.
    Pat
    But his business is NOT an on-line store. It is, and always has been, a mail order business, even when he sold airguns. Edward is a brilliant bloke to deal with on the phone and presumably also responds well to written orders. He spends far too much time on the phone dealing with customers I guess to devote much to the website. The phone line is his core business. Once you have dealt with him the first time you'll never look back. Well I didn't, his service is first class.

Having said that, he is away at the IWA show looking for new products to stock so there may be a bit of a delay getting through to him at the moment.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    But his business is NOT an on-line store. It is, and always has been, a mail order business, even when he sold airguns. Edward is a brilliant bloke to deal with on the phone and presumably also responds well to written orders. He spends far too much time on the phone dealing with customers I guess to devote much to the website. The phone line is his core business. Once you have dealt with him the first time you'll never look back. Well I didn't, his service is first class.

Having said that, he is away at the IWA show looking for new products to stock so there may be a bit of a delay getting through to him at the moment.
    All that I am trying to get across is that as far as I am concerned and I would think a lot of other as well all that we want is to look on the site choose what we need pay for it and go. I do not want to spend time trying to get through on the phone then having to explain what I am after then give payment deteails etc I'm shore that he is a nice bloke but I do not want to have a nice chat I want to buy and go.

I've bought stuff from Ramsbottoms (on their #### store) and they've
    been brilliant. A couple of smaller things turned up less than 24 hours
    after I'd ordered them. How do Ramsbottoms get postie to move so fast.

(Ramsbottoms aren't paying me to say this)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    Pat
    It could also be that the premium phone number he uses makes a nice little earner on the side, therefore it is more profitable for the business if prospective customers are forced to use the phone.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.