In one's youth the Eley Wasp pellet was a top-quality dome-head pellet, which did good service in both .22 (5.6) and .177 calibre. They were really nice, consistent pellets which suited alot of barrels.

I am not sure, but they may have been the same pellets as the BSA 'Pylarm' pellets, although I am happy to be corrected.

Then there was some transitional period and the .22s were joined by the 5.5mm size for the German barrels.

And now they do or don't exist? And the recently made ones are poorer in quality than the old ones? This is what I heard, and there are those ones with the additional sub-calibre layer of lead on their heads, what is that about?

What is the story? Who has the dies or whatever, who is making them now and will the lovely little red tins of .177 be available again ever?

Why should the quality go down when things like JSB are setting the mark in quality?

Have they been religated to the role of plinking pellets?

I know the design was somewhat dated, they seemed too short - the distance between the skirt and the head band was very short, but they worked extremely well in some rifles.