Thread: Optima Moonlighter ?

Optima Moonlighter ?

Hiya,

quick question, what's the rough value of one of these scopes nowadays now that they are collectors items ?

I'm trying to decide on the future of the one I have as it needs a lens recoated.

I love these scopes the 3-5 x 45 will go from £65 - £90 inc p&p depending on condition boxed etc.

The 56mm or super moonlighters tend to go for £85-120 inc p&p

Just bought the rare 3-7 x 32 for about £50 and a super moonlighter for £115 in perfect condition.

These very popular though, so should hang around for long once re-coating done.

Not sure on the cost of re coating so I guess its up to more learned than myself to advise.

If thinking of selling please give us a heads up when ready.

ATB
    Paul

Hiya Paul,

thanks for the info

It's the 3-9 x 45 version I have, I've just had a quote to get the lens re coated of £60 and the same again to get it refilled with nitrogen (I'm pretty sure I can do the latter myself).

I don't think I could part with it as it has a bit of history for me So it may have to be put aside just now till I get the spare funds to get it repaired. Then it will probably be back on a rifle where it should be, doing the job it was made for.