Thread: Suitable scope for Feinwerkbau 124

Suitable scope for Feinwerkbau 124

Well, having a fellow BBS member kindly agree to flog me a fine example of the sleek german sporter, I am now considering what to adorn her sight rails with once I have had a bit of fun using the open sights for a bit.
    My previous example of this classic gun was fitted with the excellent 1.5-5x20Simmons Whitetail, and very effective in the field the combo proved to be.
    Fortunately, I retained the set of Apel mounts but wonder what fellow enthusiasts would consider appropriate for this gun. I obviously wish to try and retain the period look of none torpedo tube type scope, and suppose that a decent Tasco from the same period would suit perfectly. Thinking about it, I quite fancy a fixed power 6. What would you look out for ?
    Andy

scope

I would have thought an older pre pa adjustable gloss tasco, bushnell banner, or optima. Something with an objective lens of no more than 40mm.
    Is the Apel o/p ?

rgds, Mike.

Jap Tasco 2-7x32AG.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Sounds perfect Ian. Where the hell can I get one from though as I presume they are no longer manufactured ?

Got a super moon lighter 56mm on my 127 which was just re blued by Colin Molloy. It not only looks fantastic it shoots great hitting penny size groups at 25 yards. Scope seems to hold ok on standard mounts as the recoil is not as fierce as the HW 35.

These scopes do come up for sale now and then but I'm sure any period 40mm plus scope with parallax adj will look great - happy shooting.

ATB
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Sounds perfect Ian. Where the hell can I get one from though as I presume they are no longer manufactured ?
    For a short while chinky 2-7x32 Tascos appeared in this country. They were naff. Original Jap Tasco 2-7 appear now and again in the 'Sales' section but you have to be quick. The last one I saw for sale, a v.g.condt one went for £120.

ATB
    Ian

Just spotted a Nikon in 2-7 x32 that appears to fit the bill nicley. From Optics warehouse @£130 if I remember rightly. Should compliment the gun well if I cant track down a suitable period optic I think!

Andy a friend has a Wheihrauch (Tasco) 3-9x40 p/x adj scope for sale if that is of any use.

Theres one on the lower rifle.

ATB
    Ian

FWB Scope

I've got a 1 inch Tasco 607M 4x20 on mine suits it well

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Andy a friend has a Wheihrauch (Tasco) 3-9x40 p/x adj scope for sale if that is of any use.

Theres one on the lower rifle.

ATB
    Ian
    thats the scope i have on mine / well one of them anyway

I have a real passion for Sports and strong opinions on what glass they should wear. It should be Jap made or European glass. Nothing larger than a x45 for looks and point-ability. Optima Moonlighter 3-9 x45, or Optima 4x40 are the biz for period and style. A period Kasnar or other Jap Tasco would be good too.

I have a Jap Tasco Prohorn 6x40 on a 127 which was just on the market as the last Sports were in the gun shops. Perfect for a 124.
    My other 124 Sports have a Moonlighter and 4x40. The 4x40 has accounted for 60% of all my airgun shot game which is shot standing unsupported at less than 25m. The Sport is a sporting rifle so twiddling and gadgets scopes are just at odds with it all.

I have a Jap Tasco 3-9x40 world class scope on mine which looks well and really seems to work with the gun