Thread: Ruger Old Army

Ruger Old Army

I have been offered a ROA stainless steel with target sights in imaculate condition for £450 with loading spout for £450. Is this a fair price please?

The going rate for a 7.5" stainless with adj sights was always around the 350 mark....

But it's worth what you will pay.

It seems a tad on the high side.

Thanks. It is from a dealer I know well, but I still feel that it is a bit sharp on the price. What does anyone else think?

£300 to £350 tops in my opinion. The dealer will of course tell you that they aren't making them anymore but that doesn't justify a price tag of £450.

Quote Originally Posted by loach369 View Post
    £300 to £350 tops in my opinion. The dealer will of course tell you that they aren't making them anymore but that doesn't justify a price tag of £450.
    With over three and a half million made and being absolutely bullet proof, they'll be around for a long time to come!!!

Seams a bit dear to me also. I payed £360 for my 51/2" stainless one about 18 months ago, it was being sold as second hand but was in unfired condition.
    At the end of the day its worth what the dealer can get for it and what your willing to pay for it. Try talking to the dealer, there may be a deal to be done with consumables to make it worth the extra money. Tim

The dealer said he bought it off a fellow who was dying of cancer and therefore gave him a very generous price, which he unfortunately had to pass onto me!
    Thank you for your help as it helped me get him to throw in loads of extras.

greenshoots Guest
    just bought a 7.5 inch target sights stainless imaculate for £250 did not want target sights but at that price and condition could not let it pass..

viv

Green with envy. You lucky b******d.

greenshoots Guest
    yep it was a hard decision and thanks to jonathan at south west wales country sports for bringing the pistol down from the mid wales shooting ground for me to look at it ..

viv

Quote Originally Posted by robkayak View Post
    The dealer said he bought it off a fellow who was dying of cancer and therefore gave him a very generous price, which he unfortunately had to pass onto me!
    Thank you for your help as it helped me get him to throw in loads of extras.
    That's an old one, bit like buying the car from "one careful lady owner" ie. Mrs Godfrey Davis!

Quote Originally Posted by greenshoots View Post
    just bought a 7.5 inch target sights stainless imaculate for £250 did not want target sights but at that price and condition could not let it pass..

viv
    Ooh! Stick a holosight on it!

Been so tempted to sort out something like this for mine, just to see the looks on the faces of the 'duelling pistol' brigade at the club