Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valuation Orginal 45

Valuation Orginal 45

Ok Chaps...Orginal 45 .22 no foreend sight and slight blueing on the barrel wearing...but besides that good condition. What you except to pay?

Regards

Mach 1.5

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    One hundred and sixty notes for a 'classic' New Wave springer? A nostalgia buy which can perform extremely well. Probably the most elegantly-designed stock of any break-barrel, and ambidextrous too. Foresight is unnecessary, you need a nice Rhino mount and a 4x40 in gloss to match.

Morning my friend...got a nice rhino scope but its on my VIXEN. And i do have an orginal 4 x 32 scope...I may just purchase this 45!!! Thanks for you input.

Best Wishes

Mach 1.5

lovely guns to shoot but why did they have to be so BIG
    they are huge things . We have one at work for clearing pigeons off the roof
    never been touched ( or cleaned ) from new with a kassnar scope on it
    bet its still doing the legal limit
    only thing puts ME off them is the angled breech seems to trap the pellet skirt / although this doesn't seem to spoil the accuracy

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

as above.

this is the stand in for my fwb ,as mentioned its size is daunting but considering that, its reasonably balanced and not excessivly weighty,for a good example £145/165 with all its sights: because while not absolutely ness , for long term value and completness so to speak it helps in the valuation stakes,just fitted a titan spring to mine and it came up within a shade of the limit[phew] as anyone whos had the trigger block out will tell you its a real game of patience to ease all the pins into place and a sporty red blooded spring!!,have fun its a classic springer for the big boys.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think it was designed as an over 12 ft/lbs rifle, maybe 15 in .22 so it has that long compression chamber, and to cock a powerful spring you need a long lever, hence the long barrel.

Also, some German and Dutch blokes are really tall! So it probably fits them fine. It is better balanced and lighter than the HW80 which ruined its sales. One of the few of the 'new generation' springers that still carried a leather piston washer. Trigger was not as sweet as the old 35S but alot easier to work with.

There was a chap who used to shoot FT with one of these in .22, did very well. He preferred the bigger calibre as he belived it rode crosswinds better. He was fastidious about checking his pellets, threw half of them out. Young 'uns might laugh but there were a fair few Original 45s used for FT, although in those days the maximum range was 45 yards and the killzone was about 40mm.

blimey!

never new that,much as i like the 45 it wouldnt have occured to me to try hft but in the right hands why not ,as you say alistair the trigger for all those bits and pieces hasnt the feel of the 35 or the fwb but then i suppose these big chappys from where the gun harks from have fingers like mini hydraulic rams so they probably dont care!,and as mentioned its size easily leads one to the conclusion she wants to unleash plus 12ftlbs and i guess with all that relative mass she would be a pretty stable gun platform;i suppose an aviation analogy might just be appropriate here as the fwb would be to the "spit" the 45 is to the hurricane ,well may be.

Somebody mention VIXEN..... Oh Mod 45...back to sleeps then....

What is the hassle with the 45 trigger?
    The trigger block is basically held by one pin ... remove the E clip and it lifts out (remove left hand spring first). Trigger does not need taking apart. Push 2 pins out and the safety and safety spring comes out as the trigger block comes out under mainspring tension.
    Bit fiddly to refit the safety and safety spring but if you start with the left hand pin and then click the safety spring over it before releasing tension on the safety catch, pulling it a little way out and letting the safety spring fall into place to allow the second pin to be replaced, there is no hassle. Much easier that the 3 ball trigger.
    Cheers, Phil

In that condition...my Black country friend..£100..but I am a tight git..

There isn't any hassle with the 45 trigger! I had the same unit on my 50T01 and it was easy to service. It is not as nice to use as a 35 unit though, take up the first stage then a little creepiness then it breaks, but it is still pretty good and easily good enough for a sporting rifle.

RustyBuzz knows about the guy who used the .22 45 in the early 80s. The .177s were always more popular (there was also a .20) in FT, and I believe BTDT had a .22 for a while... big 'Slayer' rifles they were!

And far nicer than the 50T01!

I found the 45 a bit 'boingy' to shoot and it really didn't suit my small frame. I came too late to the HW35 Export, after trying the Anschutz 335 and HW80 etc ... Really the loveliest rifle ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

RustyBuzz knows about the guy who used the .22 45 in the early 80s. The .177s were always more popular (there was also a .20) in FT,
    Hi Alistair

The 45 seems to have been quite popular at the first FT comp

http://network54.com/Forum/79537/thr...s+of+FT+-+PICS

If anybody wants this article I have it on PDF .

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    In that condition...my Black country friend..£100..but I am a tight git..
    A HUNDRED POUNDS? what can you buy for a hundred pounds new - some horrible Chinese boil in the bag trashbugle at best.

Shame on you.

These rifles were advertised as grouping within 2" at 50 YARDS when they were first out.

With the better pellets now available, that means 1" (well, maybe).

As the old Original Diana Adverts used to go -

'Shutzenshytzenpingenklippensplatter - Every time!'

Whatever you think, its a much nicer rifle than they make now or indeed since!

£100

well i just picked up a predom in vgc for that,popped on a scope and for the money im well pleased;ok ok i know its an upmarket swampy bit it does what it says on the can!!.and it doesnt have to be loaded to still be a serious weapon.

Orginal 45

Looks like i've opened an interesting debate? THANKS for all the input guys...know i can rely on you lot.

Kind regards

Mach 1.5