Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valuation Orginal 45

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Alistair

The 45 seems to have been quite popular at the first FT comp

http://network54.com/Forum/79537/thr...s+of+FT+-+PICS

If anybody wants this article I have it on PDF .

All the best Mick
    Hiya Mick,
    could you forward this article to me mate? It would be appreciated! I was 2 years away from leaving school when this was written and from memory was aspriring to become the owner of a Relum Tornado
    daveboyce@fsmail.net

Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Hiya Mick,
    could you forward this article to me mate?
    Dave
    Hi Dave

Job done, you have Email

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    I was 2 years away from leaving school when this was written and from memory was aspriring to become the owner of a Relum Tornado
    Cheers,
    Dave
    Sad!

The one thing I like about the Original 45 and all the other Original/RWS rifles is that they are DATED !!!! This certainly helps the collector.

The first Original 45s (1979 in this country) had the longer safety catch which was liable to fail and were recalled. Later models had a modified catch. Unmodifed rifles are worth slightly more as is the rarer .20 cal version.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Re.£100.

Got to start the "haggling" somewhere.....the seller might be chuffed to bits with that... the bluing's faded,there's that sight to replace..spares are expensive..blah blah...the seller wouldn't get as much from his local gun shop I bet...

original 45 ,great guns,i used one extenseively in my teens running rather well with a 177 eley wasp
    for me i like them better than the hw 80 ,only downside is it hets rather long with a silencer fitted!!
    im currently looking for a 177 or 22 to sit alongside my 20 cal original 45,
    rgds scirroco

You have first offer of it when i get it.

Regards

Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Sad!

The one thing I like about the Original 45 and all the other Original/RWS rifles is that they are DATED !!!! This certainly helps the collector.

The first Original 45s (1979 in this country) had the longer safety catch which was liable to fail and were recalled. Later models had a modified catch. Unmodifed rifles are worth slightly more as is the rarer .20 cal version.

ATB
    Ian
    Now now- we all had to start somewhere and I just developed later than other lads thats all and didnt have a '45 for another 6 or so years

I have 2 RWS variants in .177 and .22 also a .22 Original version. They are hefty lumps- but are cracking rifles all the same. Had the chance of a .20 once and gave it a miss. Wish I hadnt now.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Dave

Job done, you have Email

All the best Mick
    Cheers Mick,
    will check that in a mo. Trip down memory lane eh

Dave

The 45 was my first "proper" air rifle after owning some Spanish tat. She was in .22 calibre and I seem to remember had a very plain, but purposeful stock and a nice arrangement for the safety which popped out the rear of the action, complete with an "S". Shot my first rabbit with that gun. Happy memories!
    Andy