I have been shooting a recurve bow for a while and although did not master the art - I was ok and I did get some enjoyment out of it, However I decided to sell up all of my archery gear as I was using it less and less - I have a lower back problem and the whole wheeled cart gig was a bit of a drudge....

A friend took me along to a pistol club while on Holiday down his neck of the woods - can think of the name of it - but I had a go at target shooting with a compressed air pistol and a few rifles.

The pistol shooting has grabbed my attention - But I am at a loss where to start - Now the pistol I was using belonged to the club and it was a little used to say the least But a chap came over and said - this is what you need - you've hands like spades and fingers like sausages after the cheeky bugger feelings subsided and he thrust the gun in my hand - WOW it felt as if made for me - I shot consistently with it too - I though - I like this...

The pistol was a Steyr LP50 and was a multi-shot pistol - but could be single shot if needed - just by not using the small carriage - 5 shot IIRC

Now my question - is this a good start for a pistol and where can one buy such a pistol?

Thanks in advance