Thread: Crosman Ratcatcher?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Skimmer Guest
    If most are the same as mine I would say you would be pushing it at 20M.

I have used it on vermin out to 15m with some success - and it is certainly accurate enough. The trigger is heavy - but can be lightened by polishing the sear and trigger contact points.

If I am honest - I usually revert to my AA410K over 15M - but the ratty is easy to bring up - and great at short ranges.

I have a modded ratty ( 18" barrel, TR Robb Ally breech and a tweaked trigger) complete with a sound biter silencer and during the summer on the farm where we shoot , I took out CLEANLY , ie single shot , 3 rabbits from standing shots in less than 10mins. The first was at approx 40yrds , next at 25yds and 3rd at about 33yrds.

The 40yarder was an eye shot and it dropped like a stone !!! the other two were clean head shots.

My Ratty is running at around 10.3ft/lbs during the summer, with about 20 shots per co2 cylinder, at this level before the power drops off

Admittedly rattys are improved considerably with a bit of tweaking , especially the alloy breach, the nice thing with them is that with care you get a nice accurate very lightweight pointable airgun at a reasonable cost.

JMHO of course,

HTH

Norm

Have a look at www.ora8i.co.uk

I listed up some things you can do and ran some stats.

Ora