Thread: Crosman Ratcatcher?

Crosman Ratcatcher?

undefinedHiya can anyone tell me about these ratcatchers please?We have a problem with Rats at the stables,and a full sized air rifle isn't realy practical,so althought iv'e had many guns ,including pre charged,I'm not familier with the rc,will it kill a rat at 15 -20 meters? is the trigger heavy as on some other crosmans i've had,and are they accurate?
    Last ? if I may ,are they any good?
    regards km.

in my honest opinion they are a waste of money.
    there was a post in the last couple of weeks almost identical to yours see if you can find it. i'll look too.
    Regards
    Seggy

get in touch with total pestcontrol and someone experianced will come round and sort out your problem free of charge.
    Regards
    Seggy

Skimmer Guest
    If most are the same as mine I would say you would be pushing it at 20M.

I have used it on vermin out to 15m with some success - and it is certainly accurate enough. The trigger is heavy - but can be lightened by polishing the sear and trigger contact points.

If I am honest - I usually revert to my AA410K over 15M - but the ratty is easy to bring up - and great at short ranges.

I have a modded ratty ( 18" barrel, TR Robb Ally breech and a tweaked trigger) complete with a sound biter silencer and during the summer on the farm where we shoot , I took out CLEANLY , ie single shot , 3 rabbits from standing shots in less than 10mins. The first was at approx 40yrds , next at 25yds and 3rd at about 33yrds.

The 40yarder was an eye shot and it dropped like a stone !!! the other two were clean head shots.

My Ratty is running at around 10.3ft/lbs during the summer, with about 20 shots per co2 cylinder, at this level before the power drops off

Admittedly rattys are improved considerably with a bit of tweaking , especially the alloy breach, the nice thing with them is that with care you get a nice accurate very lightweight pointable airgun at a reasonable cost.

JMHO of course,

HTH

Norm

Have a look at www.ora8i.co.uk

I listed up some things you can do and ran some stats.

Ora