Thread: Pellet Collectors

Pellet Collectors

Anyone heard of "BlackBoy" airgun pellets? I have just seen a tin for sale on a certain sales site and wondered how the PC brigade would go on these days if every person who had an airgun also had a tin of .177 pellets in his pocket with a picture of,well the title says it all
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Only seen 1 other tin like it before....
    In the future could be a good investment or could get banned, with the monkeys currently inhabiting parliament - who knows......
    Of course any of the many racial equality organisations are free to bid, win and burn it before you get your paws on it....

edbear2 Guest
    Like these?;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...14295/sizes/l/

That will be an expensive item when it finishes!, Black Boy tins (with side tape remaining) often top the £100 mark with ease, and I think a pair of quite tatty cartons (empty) went for over £170 a year or so ago.......one of the most collectable and sought after tins. Early Eley, Witton and BSA pellets are the most sought after of all pellets, with early Webley tins following close behind.....I suppose because they make the perfect finishing touch to that boxed rifle or pistol. Yet earlier german tins go for under 10 euros all the time, I don't know why this is as you would think the Germans would collect them as they are very serious about all other aspects of ammo collecting, and will pay a fortune for early express or military rounds with the right headstamp ...H. Utendoerffer being one example where this happens

I probably paid less for ALL these than a single good 500 or 1000 size Black boy tin would fetch;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7607964699940/

As you rightly say, you would have these in your shop window for about 5 mins. these days before someone (usually white) would be offended and call the police......A toy/doll shop near me was in the news a lot in the last couple of years for daring to have child's Golliwogs (there, I have said it! )......in their window display....I think the police took them away (the toys, not the owners!!).......If you think "Black Boy" is tasteless, In the 1920's in America, low powered BB guns were commonly know as n....er shooters

Those pellet heads appear to be cone shaped........

yep the tin is going for £18 at the minute and has 6 days and so many hours left,he is clearing stock from an old model shop according to his add and has quite a bit of airgunabilia in there with pellet tins and paperwork for guns. It will be interesting to see what it fetches,I bid on a box of 200 milbro pellets,,couldnt stretch to £18,,rather put that towards a nice vintage gun
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

A friend in Holland has just sent me a mint tin of MARS pellets, which were apparently in use at the time of, and used by, the 'Hitler Youth' when training to use rifles.
    Does any member of the forum know of these tins/pellets? Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!