Thread: Another Airsporter question....

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Another Airsporter question....

Took my new purchase apart last night to address the rather miserable 4½ ft/lbs of energy it was producing & pulled out a spring shaped like a 'quaver' and a rather messy piston head that was held on with piece of allen key!

My questions are:
    1) what kind of pin holds the piston head on - solid / Roll pin or other?
    2) Should the piston head buffer be a substantially smaller dia. than the head? - mine is about 3/8" smaller in dia.

Thanks for any help

piston head

You didn't say what model of airsporter, assuming its a mk3 onwards the piston head is retained by a solid pin, buffer washer is normally the same size as the head, the pin is behind the o ring. REGARDS Jenny Dipple

It's a Mk.6 and thank you....

Do you know if the pin is a press fit and should you have to compress the buffer to fit it (the hole in mine it worn and needs to be sleeved and re-drilled)

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    It's a Mk.6 and thank you....

Do you know if the pin is a press fit and should you have to compress the buffer to fit it (the hole in mine it worn and needs to be sleeved and re-drilled)
    When I rebuilt mine it was not necessary to compress the head to fit the pin - just push it firmly on to the buffer.

As mentioned the pin is behinds the 'O' ring and should be a tightish fit in the new head (which I recommend you buy, together with the buffer.

In my opinion, it does not matter if the pin is sloppy in the metal protrusion over which the buffer and head fit - it just has to retain same during cocking. when firing, the air pressure will push the head back against the buffer and the pin is inactive
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Hi,
    Chambers have replacemets in stock. I fiited them to mine and it worked a treat.
    PW027 - Alloy Piston Head
    PW023 - 3 piece kit including Buffer Washer, Retaining Pin and 'O' Ring
    MS012 - Standard Main Spring
    Hope this helps, all the best,
    Ken

Many thanks to all those that replied - very useful & helpful