Thread: diana mod.2 mod.4

Question diana mod.2 mod.4

have come into possesion for these to pistols can anyone shed anylight on there age value etc they are both stamped diana made in great britain. The mod 2 is in good condition with nice bluing the mod4 has lost its rear sight and is pock marked with rust but is still showing most of its original finnish they are in working order all feedback gratefully accepted C.J googled them and found out some stuff on model 2 but the mod 4 stamped IV seems to be a mystery HELP!
    Last edited by capt.jack; 15-03-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: googled but 4 is still a mystery

Milbro Diana MKIV

Based on the pre-war German Zenit, imported by Millard Brothers before the war, it was improved by extending the cocking lever strap to make it clip over the body and giving it an adjustable rear sight. Manufactured by Milbro from 1950 to 1977 there were a number of minor changes involving the front and rear sights, it also appears that whilst the early models had an ‘anti bear trap’ device (called in the literature safety trigger action) fitted so once cocked the trigger could not be pulled until the gun was closed it was not fitted to later models.

Most air pistol books have a write up on them.

lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

thanks

hi lodmoor nice 1 it has anti bear trap so it must be an eary model

Smile diana 4

still after rear sight or pictures of pistol to see what the sight looks like

Email with some pics sent.
    lodmoor

email

many thanks:-) not got it yet:-(

Question smashing

mine is early model any idea when milbro went over to plastics and if there is any chance of getting a rear sight (buying) and how it is attached. Sorry about all the questions C.J

If it is stamped Diana and not Milbro Diana and if it has a blade foresight it will have a metal rear sight. Just a v sight at the end of a bit of tin that slips under the bulge and is riveted at the back.

The plastic adjustable sights are held on by three screws (two at the back and one at the front) so if you have screw holes . . . .. I think the only way you will get a plastic rear sight is from a scrap gun, then doubtful as the sight is about the only breakable thing on the gun.
    lodmoor

mk 4

thanks Lodmoor any chance of a photo looking down on the pistol from above so I can see how the rear sight as attached. There is hole on ether side of the bump that looks like a pin used to go through to hold sight. Yours does not seem to have them.
    many thanks C.J
    Last edited by capt.jack; 17-03-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Two pics here -

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...IVsight_02.jpg
    http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...IVsight_01.jpg

I would be interested to see a pic of what you have, maybe someone modified it?
    lodmoor

mk 4 pics

Thank again Lodmoor I will get some pics up on saturday. Mine has a small hole that looks it was stamped out on both sides at the front of the hump as if to take a retailing pin.