Thread: Help me value this lot guys?

Help me value this lot guys?

Having a bit of a clearout and thinking about putting some of this up for sale.

I'd really appreciate some guide prices men?

1- Crosman 157 CO2 pistol, All blued steel, single shot, white plastic grips, complete, working and while bluing shows wear its never rusted or pitted. .177 calibre and very powerful for a CO2 gun. Looks like this (library pic mine in in much better nick)

2- Cadet or Cadet Major stock only, nicely refinished to a good standard with stamped BSA emblem undamaged

3- Crosman 140 pump up, .22 calibre complete, working, metalwork patinated but not pitted, woodwork ok but varnish flaking, would refinish really well. Looks like this (library pic, mine not as nice)

Thanks

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Richard, Blue Book valuations for your Crosman 140 'pump up'

MODEL 140
    - .22 cal., pneumatic pump, swinging forearm, single shot, 4.8 lbs. First variant: spoon handle breech cover, aluminum breech, fingertip recocking, mfg. 1954. Second variant: spoon handle breech cover, aluminum breech, auto recocking, mfg. 1955-57. Third variant: without spoon handle breech cover, steel breech. Mfg. 1956-62. Fourth variant: die-cast trigger housing, mfg. 1961-68.

Grading 100% 95% 90% 80% 60% 40% 20%
    ..$135 $105 $90 .$75 .$55 .N/A .N/A

Add 10% for first variant.

ATB Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

More Blue Book details,

CROSMAN MODEL 157
    - .177 cal., similar to Model 150. Type 1 - with two-piece barrel and breech assembly. First type 1 variation: rotating adj. power cocking knob. Second type 1 variation: non-adjustable power. Mfg. 1954-1956. Type 2 - with one-piece breech/barrel. Mfg. 1956-1967.

..$110 .$90 .$75 .$65 .$55 .N/A .N/A

Add 75% for Type 1.
    Add 40% for SK (Shooting Kit) version.
    Add 30% for Sears/Ted Williams version.
    Add 75% for Mexican version.
    Add 100% for Canadian version.
    Add 20-40% for standard factory marked box (5 variations).

More than 20 variations are known, plus there are an unknown number of foreign models.

ATB Eric

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    Richard, Blue Book valuations for your Crosman 140 'pump up'

MODEL 140
    - .22 cal., pneumatic pump, swinging forearm, single shot, 4.8 lbs. First variant: spoon handle breech cover, aluminum breech, fingertip recocking, mfg. 1954. Second variant: spoon handle breech cover, aluminum breech, auto recocking, mfg. 1955-57. Third variant: without spoon handle breech cover, steel breech. Mfg. 1956-62. Fourth variant: die-cast trigger housing, mfg. 1961-68.

..$135 $105 $90 .$75 .$55 .N/A .N/A

Add 10% for first variant.

ATB Eric
    The Blue book prices are out of date, ! They relate to US prices & have very little relevance here in the UK.
    Here is a recent post !
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...t=crossman+140

Cheers, Ged.

Got to agree with you there Ged, but until a UK or European price guide is formulated, the Blue Book is the only published guide available. 'Out of date' it isn't - being updated annually, 'Out of step' would be a better description, but as would seem to be the case, the UK appears to adopt Yank 'values' for everything these days, the '53rd State' scenario seems to be rapidly approaching - Goodness forbid!
    ATB Eric
    Last edited by Herpquest; 18-03-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Got to agree with you there Ged, but until a UK or European price guide is formulated, the Blue Book is the only published guide available. 'Out of date' it isn't - being updated annually, 'Out of step' would be a better description, but as would seem to be the case, the UK appears to adopt Yank 'values' for everything these days, the '53rd State' scenario seems to be rapidly approaching - God forbid!
    ATB Eric
    Hiya mate, & not looking for an argument ! ( Its brave of you to suggest a price, With the knockers Etc, ) But Yank values have no meaning here !!
    Out of date it isn,t, But out of touch it is !

There will never be a Uk/EU price list, Different currencies Wants/Restrictions Etc,
    As regards recent values, A google of various forums will give a " Ballpark " figure, I find the reluctance to value an item is becoming more & more,

I recently asked for a valuation for a Webley Mk 111, No valuation but 3 offers to buy !!
    I think the " Valuation " process is a waste of time, IE, they either want to buy it cheap, Or have a clue to its worth ! So why do they reply with
    values that are not acheivable ( Methinks they have one to sell also ) ?

Either way, the valuation area is a " Guess it and see " area, my last foray there anyway, sure there will be a response .
    Please NO more Blue Book valuations, ! They should be based on recently acheived prices & values,

All the best Eric, no offence intended, ged.

Crosman 157 in .177

A scarcer gun than the 150 in .22 flavour. I paid £100 for a mintish 157 a couple of years ago but I imagine prices have gone down. So few of these about that there is not much sales history to go on.

Mike95

Hi Ged, no offence taken mate. I agree with you 100%, but the trade tend to work from the 'Blue Book', especially when it's in their favour.
    As you so rightly state, the Blue Book is American based and orientated; what is common over there may well be easily found over here, and vice versa.
    In a nutshell, a piece is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay, and if that someone really has to have it, the Blue Book may just as well be hanging on a nail in the Kazi!!(W.C. to the Southerners!)
    Cheers mate, and ATB Eric

Well Herpquest "Yank Values, God Forbid" Much rather God than Allah when it comes to forbidding. Yank values in my experience are generosity, Respect for the British and love of democracy. Have a good time in your Alcohol free, women in Burkhas, Sharia future if it comes.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Ged is right, the American values have NO relevance here in the UK with respect to vintage American rifles like the Crosman 140. Very few were imported and so scarcity value means they are worth far far more here than in the US, plus the fact that airguns are generally more sought after in the UK due to the difficulties in owning a firearm.

Even if it is in relatively poor condition it is worth more than the top value quoted in the Beeman guide.

The same would be true of cars, a 1968 Ford Mustang would command a far higher price in the UK than in the US as there are simply fewer of them here.

Listen to Ged, he knows his pump-ups and co2s!

Quote Originally Posted by banjodag View Post
    Well Herpquest "Yank Values, God Forbid" Much rather God than Allah when it comes to forbidding. Yank values in my experience are generosity, Respect for the British and love of democracy. Have a good time in your Alcohol free, women in Burkhas, Sharia future if it comes.
    banjodag.May I remind you that Politics and Religion should play no part in this forum. We are attempting to discuss fact not theories! Religion eg.God, Allah, Mohammed etc is simply a refuge for the weak and unsure, whilst Politics is a subject where nobody knows what they are talking about!
    I don't drink for medical reasons, I like my women as 'in the buff' as possible, and I don't know Sharia - she must be one of the new girls at the parlour. You are the epitomy of a Burk, but Burkhas, no! I have heard of Burkas but I don't eat foreign muck anyway. LOL Eric

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Back to the original poster's request ...

In my opinion, which means 'how much would I pay for that bit of kit without feeling like I had paid over the odds?' I, in my own self and without any prejudice would say that ....

The pistol is worth about 100 quid. I say this because my Hammerli Single is a way much nicer gun and that cost 140.

The stock is worth about 40-45 quid, because you can get a whole Cadet for about 60 or 70.

The rifle is worth about 120-140 quid because that is how much the more efficient and more modern Sharps Innova is going for in that kind of nick, although the Crosman is rarer and is obviously a different kind of character.

The rifle and the pistol are good buys for the collector, being interesting historic items that you can own and shoot and enjoy, and which will give many hours of fun in restoring and in using them, and they are relatively inexpensive and relatively easy to work on. In short, they are GOOD VALUE and GOOD BUYS.

Arguments about politics and religion are notoriously incompatible with a fellow trying to assess the value of his goods in a free market.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    banjodag.May I remind you that Politics and Religion should play no part in this forum. We are attempting to discuss fact not theories! Religion eg.God, Allah, Mohammed etc is simply a refuge for the weak and unsure, whilst Politics is a subject where nobody knows what they are talking about!
    I don't drink for medical reasons, I like my women as 'in the buff' as possible, and I don't know Sharia - she must be one of the new girls at the parlour. You are the epitomy of a Burk, but Burkhas, no! I have heard of Burkas but I don't eat foreign muck anyway. LOL Eric

Excellent post mate!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Thanks for all your help guys

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.