Thread: Age of Guns

Age of Guns

Hi lads, I recently bought three very clean air rifles from an old friend of mine which he's had in gun slips in the cupboard for virtually new and they are all complete with original sights etc.
    The guns are an HW35, a Webley Hawk MkII and a BSA Meteor.

I'm happy with the age of the 35 as I checked with Weihrauch and it was delivered in 1978. I'm not sure of its value but I'll probably be keeping it to go with my very clean 1982 HW35 Export and 1988 HW80K.

Does anyone know where I can find out the age of the other two as I'd like the info before I decide what to do with them, although I've no doubt they will end up on here soon with pictures for some better help with their value

The MkII Hawk has a serial number 546349 and the only problem I can see with it is some cracking to the plastic/bakelite?? foresight holder.

The Meteor is serial number is TH9775 and its very clean.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated

Kindest regards

Rob

According to J. Knibbs the TH prefix Meteor is dated 1979-93. Perhaps someone else can be more specific.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Meteor

Mark 5 Meteor, last "proper" Meteor with improved cocking linkage. Value probably £60-£70 in the current depressed market and assuming fully working.
    I bought a boxed Mark 5 in as new condition for £60 a couple of years ago.

Hawk Mark 2 1974 to 1977 had two barrels, screwed into breech and held by an allen screw. Obviously worth more with both barrels. Reported by Hiller to have various problems with the automatic safety catch/trigger/sear. Not sure of value, say £70.

Mike95