Thread: relum telly[refurb]

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

Thumbs up relum telly[refurb]

from basket case to bell trgt plinker,they scrub up nicely and with a fettle shoot just as well;please note original relum scope[jap]

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...n/P1010019.jpg
    Last edited by red bob; 16-03-2010 at 11:00 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

What finish did you use on the.......

..stock and metalwork? And did you put both springs back in?
    Cheers Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Thumbs up Relum refurb

Hiya mate, I have to repeat the questions from the last post, what did you use to do the stock and metalwork?
    Best refurb of one of these I have seen for a while.
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

Thumbs up hi

yup did both, the stock was done with colron wood dye [deep mahogany]
    3/4 coats 24hrs later one coat of halfords clear laquer ,very very light sand then finalcoat of laq.
    the action was in the meteor type finish,very thourgh sand and polish,degrease and blue remover.then one coat of spray primer[grey] then one carefully applied coat of black satin finish with 12 hrs to dry between coats
    then one of the above laquer ;all coats on warm metal,with all spray cans left sitting in warm water well before use and a serious shake.
    i used one spring [relum type] im not happy with the final stage of cocking as it sounds a little graunchy so the accepted upgrade is a meteor replacment.
    thanks lads.
    tornado next.
    Last edited by red bob; 16-03-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Another cracking job sir ! All of the long lost airgun outcasts are worth saving in my opinion. How does she shoot ?

hi ,thanks

she performs as well as a new one, so with our greater understanding of airguns nowadays a lighter trigger and a smoother spring action will bring her up to date ;chronoed her at the relum spares shop today and she gives a tad under 8ftlbs this is with original piston washer and breech seal;the challenge is to find where the best can be got from what is realisticly a heavily built budget rifle;i now find myself a collector of this genre ive got my eyes on a "bulbous"
    stock tornado ,prices are on the rise so there must be a nostalgia factor here;
    ive heard there is a repeater relum model out there somewhere, so anyone got one?,my last aquesition was a relum junior in mint condition lord knows how it managed that surprisingly its a very smooth fun plinker! so all you would be collectors heres a range thats affordable at the mo and simple to work on and unlike modern budget airguns they are metal and wood and respond to tlc.
    Last edited by red bob; 17-03-2010 at 09:54 PM.