Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feinwerkbau Sport

"Quite hold sensitive, flighty, and soggy: all those things are true but compared to everything else in its day they are nothing. The norm: was very hold sensitive; a heavy lump or very light and twitchy; agricultural triggers that needed stamping on; lastly very indifferent group sizes especially at extended ranges.
    Once given a basic tune the Sport is a smooth operator at a field weight and has ergonomics that are true to a sporting rifle. Sure they take a bit of driving but once mastered are truly accurate. For marksmanship training they are hard to beat as if you do your thing they will reward you back with the tiniest clusters and at full power. Get it wrong and at least your shot doesn't go off the planet.

The HW Rekord trigger is lovely but has always been packaged in a far heavier rifle, larger build and harder cocking action. Not everyone can handle or want to lug around this extra mass especially lighter built shooters. Bit like comparing Browning or Beretta shotguns. My Venum HW77 beats the pants off my Sport but I just wouldn't have it in the field because its a lump.

Bent barrel; well nearly any make of break barrel can get one if abused. Normally doesn't make a huge difference if not too pronounced but it is gnawing. I shot a early Theoben for a year with a bent barrel and it was fine once re zeroed. Hope you get it sorted.

The Sport is undeniably a rifleman's rifle and one of the best but at the end of the day it is a lighter weight springer with all that goes with them.
    Last edited by Muskett; 20-03-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Maybe you just don't like FWB Sports and prefer HWs. It is allowed.
    where

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Is the barrel actually bent or is it just drooping? This was a common issue with the Sport.

it's bent to the left about 2mm as you sight down the rifle.tbh the packaging was awful and it may have happened in transit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigchap View Post
    it's bent to the left about 2mm as you sight down the rifle.tbh the packaging was awful and it may have happened in transit.
    I would have thought that Dave would put things right if you ask him. I've found him a good bloke to deal with in the past and would be surprised if he turned his back on a deal gone iffy.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

tried contacting him via phone and email,had no luck.

Muskett, perfectly described. Thats why I will be using mine in the field. Just a very pointable gun that doesnt promote Garth like biceps. Cant wait ! Andy

Quote Originally Posted by bigchap View Post
    tried contacting him via phone and email,had no luck.
    now resolved