Thread: El Gamo

El Gamo

Question for collectors, have you heard/seen a Gamo PR-15? The only mention I can find is in The Air Gun Book (1987 edition) by Walther where he describes it (no pic) and states that it is in the 1987 catalogue.

I also have a Gamo PR-45 (with a receipt dated 1990) that has managed to avoid all of the reference books.

Any help in putting a date on production period etc appreciated.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

OK so the PR-45 is still in their catalogue.

No sign of the PR-15 though.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Gamo PR15

I had one of these and bought it in 1987. It fired the round lead Gamo 0.177 ammo from a 15 round magazine. It was followed by the AF10 which could fire normal pellets or repeat on round ammo from a magazine. If you do a search on here you should find a picture. I don't know when production stopped but I don't think it was made for very long.

Ian
    Last edited by webman; 19-03-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Gamo overlever pneumatics

These aren't all mine (I took this picture at the club) but here are the various Gamo pneumatic pistols:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...amopistols.jpg

The PR15 and PR45 actually share the same frame and grip, up to and including the blued steel 'cradle' that the overlever assembly fits in. Externally, the differences are in the overlever: the PR45's is longer, extending past the front of the frame, and has an adjustable rearsight (PR15's is fixed). Internally, of course, the '45 loads direct into the barrel, single shot, while the '15 has a tube magazine for 15 round lead ball underneath the barrel which are fed into a vertically sliding block to line up with the barrel.

The AF10, on the other hand, has a quite different, smaller, grip/frame, and different valve assembly. The magazine arrangements are also different, and the overlever held by two small catches either side instead of the single button on the rear, below the rearsight, of the other guns. I'm pretty sure the AF10 didn't replace the PR15 as such, and that the two existed alongside each other in the range up to, I think, the mid 1990s at least.

Iain