Thread: Hw80 and hw95 barrels

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Hw80 and hw95 barrels

Are they interchangeble and one and the same part?

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Yes, the only difference is some of the 95 models are made without the provision of a rear and front sight location, not a problem if using a scope

I once put a .20 hw80 barrel onto a 95 and the 95 barrel onto the 80, both worked fine with no additional work required, the breech block is one and the same as regards pin and bolt locations.

PAUL

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
    Yes, the only difference is some of the 95 models are made without the provision of a rear and front sight location, not a problem if using a scope

I once put a .20 hw80 barrel onto a 95 and the 95 barrel onto the 80, both worked fine with no additional work required, the breech block is one and the same as regards pin and bolt locations.

PAUL
    Thanks Paul, just wondering as the UK HW95 is not imported in its open-sight full-length form and it might be cheaper to do a swapsies than order one through Hull Ctrg.

barrel

hi there,
    yep,ive put .177 80 barrel onto my 95....straight swap!
    atb
    steve

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Thanks Paul, just wondering as the UK HW95 is not imported in its open-sight full-length form and it might be cheaper to do a swapsies than order one through Hull Ctrg.
    Could be, I've seen a couple of 95's with open sights over the last few years on here but they are quite rare as most 95's came with a weight or silencer.

I think the 80 suits the non-sighted 95 barrel, just a cleaner looking line

PAUL

I also have put a HW98 shrouded barrel on an HW80. Very good it is too.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.